Heartache

Edward's heart was shattered to pieces as he drove  recklessly towards the highway that would lead him to Seattle .

The love of his life had cheated on him with Jacob Black ,a shape shifter that was designed to kill a Vampire.

He didn't know until he'd proposed to her and she refused it before telling him how she and Jacob were sleeping together .
Friends with benefits and all that .

It was somewhat his fault too, he knew, but he'd always been faithful to Bella . Even when he'd left her all those months when they'd been apart .
Joke's on him , really. He'd trusted her and she'd broken that trust .

No, his heart was completely broken.

He gritted his teeth as the pain of his dead heart ran through his very being .

How could she do that to him when he'd been willing to be killed for her?.

He loved her . More than anything in this wretched world .

He'd left her house after her confession and had gone home to tell his family that he was leaving . This time they could stay to watch over Bella while he got himself together .

He might not even return to Forks again . How can he when her actions spoke so loud .

Carlisle had called the airport for him . He'd fly to the UK and stay there for a time . Maybe he'll travel Europe and Asia . Maybe Africa as well.

He didn't yet know . He'll decide once he left Britain.

Hopefully he'll heal. Hopefully his shattered heart would mend .

A deep sigh escaped his lips .

He should've let the Volturi kill him and get it over with . Bella should not have interfered .

He steered the car onto the highway , gripping the steering wheel tightly.

Yes , it was his own fault for leaving her in the first place. He had a good reason to . Yet , his judgement  had been wrong . She didn't forget him . She suffered because he left .

" I was so selfish ,"he chastised himself.

It gave Jacob an entry way to swoop in and save the girl .

Self-loathing washed over him . He should never have gotten involved with her in the first place. He should've listened to Rosalie .

But he didn't and look what it brought him .

Heartache and misery.
             ⚡⚡⚡
" Gaia , I'm sorry . I'm marrying Ginny Weasley . I already made that promise to her ," was the words Harry Potter had spoken as Gaia Titania Black had confessed her feelings to her once best friend .

It had taken a lot of courage to just come out and say how she felt .

It didn't do any good ,though. Ginny Weasley won his heart before she could even try .

She was in the same school year as Ginny and had ,like many girls, a crush on Harry Potter.

And like those girls ,she didn't win his heart.

She sighed as she walked down a busy  street  in London , England .

Why'd she take that bloody chance ?. Why'd she even try ?.

She should've known better. She should've kept her mouth shut .

She felt so hurt and embarrassed . Hurt because he didn't love her the way she wanted him to and embarrassed because she'd humiliated herself by talking to him about her feelings in the first place .