Home Again

Edward decided to leave for Forks one morning .

He'd been indecisive since the day his son had been born.

He wanted to go home to his family who'd been begging him to come home for ages.

He wanted to show his family his son . He hoped that they would love him like he do . Alice might be angry because of him turning away from the path that had been set before him . The path that he'd have had to share with Bella if he hadn't left .

The baby wasn't yet three months old and he wasn't sure if he should risk traveling with such a young child .

But he really wanted to go home and that was what brought him standing on an airport right now with Gaia and little Orion ,waiting for Carlisle to pick them up .

Yes , Carlisle was still in Forks , Washington . Gaia had helped him with some kind of enchanted bracelet that caused him to look older in the eye of the humans .

That helped all the Cullens to not have to move away again and none of the humans would suspect a thing .

Gaia looked around the airport feeling a little nervous. She would be meeting Edward's other family . His brother's and sister she haven't met before.

Would they like her ?. She wasn't sure about that . She wasn't even sure that they'd like Orion, though he was such a good baby.

He didn't cry much and he slept most of the day .

She looked at the baby in his kangeroo carrier against her chest . His eyes were closed and he was sleeping.

" I think Carlisle's running a little late ", Edward spoke up from beside her ," I wonder if something happened ."

She looked up at him , catching the worry in his facial expression.

" Maybe he had some work to do ?", she suggested ," Or maybe you should contact_"

She didn't get any further because Rosalie suddenly materialised from the crowds . Behind her was a big burly man with short cropped black hair.

" That's Emmet", Edward said ," His Rose's mate. I wonder why they're here and not Carlisle ".

He began walking to meet them somewhere halfway between where they walked from the crowds.

" Hey ," he greeted them ," Where's Carlisle?".

Gaia caught up with him , hearing his last sentence.

" There'd been an accident . Mike Newton's cousin Coleman raced some other guy on a motorcycle . Carlisle had to go to the hospital to help ," Rosalie explained ," He asked Emmet and I to pick you up . Hello,how was the flight ,Gaia  ?".

" Better than taking a Portkey , I reckon ," Gaia said ," You wouldn't like it , I'm sure . Edward almost lost his stomach when he first used one ".

Edward rolled his eyes playfully at that comment, his eyes holding a little twinkle.

" Well, let's be off. Forks isn't behind the next hill ,ya know ", Emmet said ,his eyes on the strange new girl in Edward's life .

Rosalie's eyes , however , were focused on the baby against Gaia's chest .

She'd seen pictures of him that Edward had sent Carlisle and Esme , but seeing him in reality was way better.

" Ooh ,is that Orion?. Can I hold him ?", she asked .

Gaia nodded , pulling the straps from her shoulders  and holding him out to Rosalie who happily took him .

" Uh...," Emmet trailed off in confusion," Where's your luggage?".