Another Woman

Bella Swan sat quietly in a chair in the living room ,her eyes on her ex who sat between Jasper and Carlisle on a couch .

His eyes were on Esme . Well, more so on the baby in Esme's arms than on the woman herself .

Rosalie sat beside Esme , her one hand touching the childs bronze coloured hair .

Bronze coloured hair .

Edward's hair .

Is the baby his ?. Impossible !. But the hair colour was the same shade as Edward's .

" Who is the baby ?", Alice , who sat on the other side of Jasper , asked.

She'd asked that many times since arriving .

Nobody had given her an answer and because she couldn't see anything of Edward's future , she didn't know anything concerning him .

" Orion ", Rosalie said without actually giving something away.

" Err....what?", Alice asked confusedly.

" His name is Orion . He's a Cullen ", Rosalie explained.

" A Cullen?. Did you adopt a human baby , Carlisle, Esme?," Alice asked.

Carlisle and Esme shared a look . They didn't understand why everyone was stalling to tell Alice about Edward having a wife and child .

" No ," Carlisle said ," We didn't . Orion is Edward's ."

Alice looked at Edward questioningly.

Edward sighed . It wasn't Bella's business to know about his new life . Yet here she was , behind planted in a chair, looking like she'll never be leaving.

" His my biological son", he answered  Alice's unspoken question.

" But...but that's impossible !", Alice exclaimed  , " Carlisle ,tell him it's​ impossible​ ?".

" I'm afraid , Alice, that it's true . Orion is Edward's son . "

Alice pouted and her shoulders slumped in defeat .

" If he's Edward's  son ,then who's his mother ?", Bella asked hesitantly , her heart sinking with dread and hurt.

" I am ", a clear sweet voice rang out from the entrance to the living room.

Everyone was on their feet in a second. Bella was just a little slower than the rest .
              🌠🌛🌜🌠
To have the eyes of every Vampire and one Human in the room on her was a little unnerving to say the least .

Especially when the short pixie like Vampire didn't seem to like her all that much, judging by the glare she was giving her .

And the Muggle girl looked like she was going to cry any moment now .

" I uh... I came down to get some water and to check on Orion . It's almost time for his feeding and... and ...uh...".  She trailed off not knowing what to say further because they just stared .

She huffed , folding her arms across her chest , wishing for their eyes to turn away .

" I forgot . I'm sorry , Gaia Love ", Edward finally spoke , blinking and looking away ," And you  didn't even have a long nap ".

She flashed him a smile ." It's quite alright , Edward . May I please have my son now ?. "
She looked at Esme who reluctantly held the baby out to her.

She walked over to receive him into her arms . " Thank you ," she said . Esme only nodded .

Then Gaia walked out of the living room with the baby clutched securely against her chest , her eyes carefully looking where she was going .