11 - HONEST LIES

While the youngest of the Sebastians was already way ahead in her budding love life, her brother was definitely taking it slow and in incognito mode.

The man wasn't planning on getting to know a certain Ms. Riley as The renowned bachelor but as a normal guy. The real Ethan Sebastian .

So he did a lil' makeover. The guy dyed his hair to a rusty brown shade from his natural black one. With Ava's old silver rimmed glasses and his newly grown French beard, he did look like an ordinary mechanic.

To get into the character, he even changed the way he dressed. Instead of the fancy suits he liked to flaunt a few days back, he was getting into ripped jeans and t-shirts with funky quotes.

Ethan really went all in for the new girl. He even questioned himself sometimes. But every time he thought about her, he always ended up zoning out.

After he changed his appearance, which made the fam think very suspicious of him, he contacted the girl who lived in his mind rent free.

"HE WHAT!?" the girl shrieked, making the guy go deaf for a solid thirty seconds. After sensing his hearing ability was back he answered,
"Yeah, he said your idea could make it but it needs to be polished. If you're okay, he entrusted me to help you."

The girl jumped up and down, holding Ethan's arms making him jump too. Riley was beyond happy, her eyes glistening a little.

He knew exactly how she was feeling. He had been in her shoes. He knew how many times she must've been rejected to enjoy this precious moment with a dude she just met twice.

He couldn't help but smile at her enthusiasm. 'This could be a good start maybe' he thought looking the girl, whom he knew nothing about but wished to be a part of her unknown life.

It's been a while they have been working together. Riley was way into her project to notice the man go wild internally at her little gestures.

Maybe it was a good thing, she didn't know about it. Because the way Ethan acted around her, people might call him a creep.

They were good friends now. She even invited him over to her house. She lived alone since she graduated and barely managed to maintain the place but she never showed it.

'She was strong for sure.' He noted mentally.

The place might've been a bit shabby but felt home. Pictures of her family and childhood in every corner of it radiating warmth. "I'm not really alone when I have watching over me." She said showing him the old photo frames hanging on the wall.

'She's grateful for every little thing' He smiled softly at his conclusion.

They bonded over many things. Ethan let her know about his life too, smoothly hiding the fact that he's quite famous. Gradually, he left obvious hints about how he felt.

"You know...a man finds it really attractive when a woman ties her hair up in a messy bun." Andy said taking a sip of his coffee, his eyes never leaving Riley's face.

The girl stopped putting the hair bun in the place, when she realized whom he was refering to. She blinked twice and averted her eyes. "What's gotten into you lately?" Riley asked a bit shyly.

"If I wasn't clear enough let me rephrase it. I find you very attractive Ms Riley Jones." Ethan spat out confidently, a dreamy smile plastered on his face.

Seeing her absorbing what was going on, he continued, "With every moment I have spent with you, I have come to realize I'm head over heels for you. Your passion for your work, desire to create something unbelievable on your own, selfless love for your family makes you a wonderful woman. And I want to have something special with this incredible woman. "

Ethan stood up from the couch and walked to the surprised girl, crouched down before her seat and took her tiny hands in his own.

"You don't have to answer me now. You may even say no. I would completely understand. I just wanted to know how I feel. If you don't want this, I still want an amazing friend like you."

"But I don't." The woman finally spoke up. Ethan was a bit sad hearing that yet smiled.

"I don't us to be just friends." Riley smiled lowering her head, giving his hands a gentle squeeze.

The boy was in cloud nine now. He couldn't decide how to express his feelings so he just went for a kiss on her already flushed cheek.

The couple spent the rest of the day thinking about their failed attempts to tell each other how they fell for each other.

You don't have to change yourself for your loved ones. Their affection will not falter even through storms because they fell for your honest yearnings and not fancy shoes.