18 - MIRACULOUS ACCEPTANCES

The ride back home was excruciatingly painful for the twins. The boys kept glancing at the girl, through the mirror. They were reliving the moment when the elementary school kids bullied her, calling her an orphan.

That was the first and last time the Sebastians let her cry over it. They made her so strong, she didn't need to be affected by the truth.

Ava was watching the beautiful evening sky. She liked the cold breeze on her face. She smiled at the feeling. "Why did you guys come to the university by the way?" She asked, still gazing at some stars visible now.

The boys looked at each other, before Ethan answered for both of them. "Since you were not busy with your studies, we wanted to visit you for a while. We missed you sweetie."

Joe nodded looking at Ethan. "Honey are you okay? Don't let those immature jerks get you." Joe said cautiously, eyes on the road.

Finally Ava faced her brothers from the back seat and scoffed. "I'm fine as long as I have my family. There was no issue to begin with. They just made a fool out of themselves." She laughed a little.

"Are you sure? Do you want me ruin their careers or something? Just say it and I'll make it happen." Ethan said, longing for her laughter once more.

"Leave them be Mr. Big Guy. They're are just kids like me. And your lil' pep talk back there worked just fine." Ava reassured him with a chuckle. This made the guys, sigh in relief.

Ever since she entered the Sebastians' lives, her fear of abandonment started to fade away.

Mr. and Mrs. Sebastian were happy with their precious boys, but they always wanted a daughter. After having the twins, they stopped trying for Mama Sebastian's health.

So they decided to adopt a child. They went to an orphanage and found her. Swaying in cradle, she was bawling her eyes out. The lady who worked there, informed the couple that the father of that child left her the doorstep. He was an alcoholic, and didn't want a girl. Her mother left the child at his care and when he couldn't bear her cries anymore, he left.

Mama Sebastian's heart broke listening to the child's story. Mr. Sebastian didn't look for any other kid and asked for her adoption papers immediately. The girl who was thrown away by an imprudent couple, brought bliss and euphoria to the Sebastians.

The boys were more than happy to take care of someone as lil' as her. They knew she wasn't one of their own, but that didn't stop them to shower all their love on her. With time, a few legal papers didn't matter to them.

They never left her alone. Be it nightmares, thunderstorms, fear of darkness, bullying... her brothers were always by her side.

Ava never said how grateful she was to have them. She didn't have to. Her family didn't ask for such things.

Ethan left for the garage, to finish Riley's project with her. They were about to test it tonight. He opened the the door only to find a sobbing woman and man feeling guilty watching her.

Mark, his assistant, was back.

"Hey Ethan! I think this pretty misunderstood you for someone else. She keeps calling for some Andy Summers. I told her no one beside me and you work here." The confused guy explained the situation.

Ethan shut his eyes close tightly, thinking for a while. "Mark I'm so glad to see you back, but could you please excuse us for a moment." He said, as calmly as possible.

Mark seemed to sense the tension and left them alone, patting Ethan's back on his way.

"I can explain Riley." He started. The girl lifted her head up, "Just say whatever you want before I leave you."

The thunder outside was nothing compared to his shattered heart at her words. He recalled Isabella's words, and accepted what was about to happen. He took a deep breath and confessed everything.

"Trust me I was planning... " He was interrupted by the surprised woman. "Trust you? Do you think you left in a position to do that?" She said in a whimper.

Ethan lost all his strength and fell on his knees abruptly. Hands folded, he held onto her waist. "I know no matter what I say, you probably won't believe me. I won't justify myself either Rye. I don't deserve to. But there's just two things I want you to know before you lea... "

The poor guy couldn't even say the word. The man swallowed the lump in his throat and continued.

"First, besides my name, I didn't lie about anything. You are the only girl who liked the way I am, the real Ethan Sebastian, before I became some famous engineer. I have and will cherish the moments we spent together forever, even when you leave this pathetic man. I just want you to be happy. With or without me."

Riley's tears stopped a while ago, listening to his words intently.

"And lastly, Riley Jones, with all my heart... I have fallen for you. I want us to be by each other's side till the end of our times. But with my mistake, I don't think it's possible anymore. All I want is a second chance, a chance to reprimand myself. To make myself a better man for the only woman I'll ever love." Ethan cried harder, holding onto her waist a bit tighter.

The girl raised her hands, Ethan thinking it was to remove his arms around her. But it landed softly on his hair, carrasing it a bit.

"Why did you do this? Why are you making it harder for me to leave you?" Her words made his grip loosen, lifting his head a little.

"How can I leave this pathetic man when he's begging for a girl like me to stay in his perfect life?"  She knelt down at his level now.

"How can I leave when every time I look at these eyes, I fall harder for you?" The woman said with a teary smile.

The man couldn't believe his luck. He blinked many times to let him watch her face, without his tears blocking the beautiful sight. He took her face his palms slowly.

"Will you really give me a chance? I promise I'll never break your heart and trust again." He said sincerely. She could see the fear in his eyes. Fear of losing someone precious.

She nodded before leaning in. The man with a new hope, gave his all in that gentle kiss. Letting her know, this would be the last time she'll ever cry for of him.

Relationships doesn't end when things start to fall apart. It does when people involved, lost faith in each other, in the strength they once had to overcome any situation.