20 - THE END OF THE BEGINNING

"We're here." Ava said, slanting the motorcycle, putting it on a stand.

"I created a monster. Christ help me to endure these rides. I wanna live to see my kids grow up." Asher prayed, jumping off the bike.

"You were the one who wanted me to learn to ride in case of any emergency." The woman commented back, poking his chest lightly.

"Just come clean if you're into some illegal street racing with some random cool name already." He said sarcastically, feigning his surprised reaction.

"We Interns don't have time for that Knuckle head. Please stop reminding we don't have good social lives." She said and they both sighed.

It's been four years now. The pair graduated a couple of months ago and were currently pursuing their intership in Alhambra Hospital Medical Center.

They're still together. Strong as ever, bickering every now and then.

They were walking towards the familiar house. "I wonder why they asked us to be here early." Ava said, thinking of some reason.

They stopped abruptly, when Asher just didn't move further, holding back Ava as well. She looked at him, raising her eyebrows.

"What if Isabelle's water broke?" The man asked getting panicked. "You're a Knuckle head for a reason you know that? Wouldn't they have gone to the hospital if that was the case? Why am I still with you? Jesus Christ!" She cried for her life.

The man just pouted and followed his girlfriend into the house.

"Mom, Dad we're home!" Ava yelled to the house. Expecting to see a man in his early eighties wearing a cute apron to appear from the kitchen, she went to the direction.

"Did they go somewhere?" Asher asked this time, looking the around the house. Just then, Mama Sebastian came down the stairs.

"Oh you kids are finally here. Come 'ere. I missed you guys so much." She said, engulfing the pair with her warm hug. The couple gladly returned it.

"Where are the people?" Ava asked with curiosity. The older lady gave a toothy grin to the youngsters.

"He's going to do it. They're at the rooftop, preparing." She said.

Ava and Asher looked at each other for a second, before squealing like high school kids. They ran upstairs.

"There you are!" Ava exclaimed, her arms wide to embrace her brothers. "I'm so happy for you." She said over their shoulders.

"Me too!" the twins said in unison, holding onto their baby sister.

"How's the baby girl doing in there? It's your coolest uncle Ash" The grown up man said in a soft voice, crouching a little to baby bump level.

Isabella smiled at the conversation while Damian pulled him into a brotherly hug.

"Okay I got the camera ready!" Papa Sebastian piped in. They were happily chit chatting when suddenly Mama Sebastian's laugh could be heard downstairs. It's the signal.

Everyone hid somewhere near, except for the man of the hour. He was standing in the middle, wearing a formal attire.

"Umm...Ethan what's all this? And... why are you..." Riley stopped in her steps, noticing the rose petals on the floor. Candles lit around them.

The said man knelt down, holding out a unopened black box.

"Ms. Jones, I'm so thankful for the fateful day I decided to stay at the garage, fixing that 1956 Ford Fairlane Sunliner....