19 - SAME OLD LOVE

"You sure about going back there now? We can still have our girls night sweetheart." Isabelle said with a cheeky smile.

That was her last try, to persuade Ava from avoiding her college for a little while. The twins told about the 'incident' and were worried for their lil' girl.

But she really was over with it. With all the warmth she received from the Sebastians, her real family was enough to take a stand for herself in the society.

"I'm seriously fine Bella. And we live together, so I can crash into your room anytime I want. Don't worry, after my exams I'm all yours. No one can come between us. And I'll take care of your husband." Ava answered, back to being her sneaky self.

Isabella gave her brightest smile at her answer and ruffled Ava's hair, before letting her go.

'Why should I hide when I have my first ever college festa to enjoy' She mentally cheered up.

Her friends called her last night after the mess. She had to explain them she was totally fine, (not like Ross) and just missed her family, individually to those peeps.

Speaking of them, the group of four was in the indoor stadium. Waiting for Ava and the sports day to begin. First up was martial arts. Every year, other med schools are also invited here to join in the action.

"Okay since everyone seems to be here, let's begin the friendly match between our home team... " the host waited for the cheers from the students of California university, to stop. "and our guest teams!" The other students hollered this time.

The host was about to announce the contenders, asking them to come up when some guy ran upto him, whispering something into his ear. The man snapped his head towards the poor guy.

The host cleared his throat and raised his microphone again. "Umm... Due to some personal problems, California university cannot participate in this competition...I'm afraid we have to move on to the next event of the day."

"If you guys were that scared, you shouldn't have invited us in the first place. I mean you were gonna lose anyway. At least you could've pretended to put up a fight." A guy with a built body snickered. The audience behind him started booing the home team at his words.

"Extempore speech's competition will be held this evening. Why don't you register yourself there? Stop wasting your time and come to the ring." Ava said, walking charismatically towards the arena.

"I'll be representing my university." She said looking at the host. He nodded after exhaling a sigh of relief. The Professors of her college were impressed by her guts, but worried at the same time.

'Would she be able to do it?' Everyone in the room had the same thing going in their head.

The arrogant boy smirked, thinking of crushing her confidence today. "I won't go easy on you just because you're a girl."

The girl searched her friends in the audience. Eleanor was vigorously shaking her head, indicating her to stop this madness. Scarlett made a big cross with her arms. Nathan was biting his nails of one hand, while the other grabbed Asher's shirt.

Ashton was the only one who didn't freak out. Instead he just winked at the girl, and mouthed 'You got this.' He nodded at her one last time.

Shifting her gaze back to the situation,"And I want you to do exactly that. Let's play fair and square. Give your best shot." Ava said and bowed before her opponent. He was supposed to do the same but he just went for a curt nod.