16 - CHANGING PERSPECTIVES

When one is used to loneliness, it takes time to adjust in a new domain. A place where you don't just do things alone.

You don't just make breakfast for yourself. You don't just wash the dishes by yourself. You don't just sit alone and watch the news by yourself. You don't just clean the house by yourself.

You don't just live by yourself.

Isabelle Hayes Sebastian, now a part of the Sebastians, just doesn't love by herself. Her family takes care of it.

Papa Sebastian prepares the meals and his lil' Bella helps him with dinner every night and during the weekends. Seems like the piece which was missing in his civilian life, turned out to be working with a bit of spices.

Isabelle never took the credit for it. But their Dad made sure to thank her every chance he got. Also he loves it when she calls him, Mr. General, just like Ava.

The youngest never asked anyone to call him that, not even Isabelle. But Isabelle was smart enough to pick up on why Ava did that. After all she was a good lawyer and she never leaves the details.

Mama Sebastian has her lovely garden to spend her time with. With the kids busy in their growing world, their Mom started sprinkling her love at the little plants.

Every afternoon the aged woman would enjoy her sunset with the newest addition to her children. They would spray water at the flowers, talk for hours mostly about how hectic it was at the firm.

Their Mom liked to be their safe place, where her kids would hug her listen to their day long stories. Watching the setting sun, while relishing in the lap of the elderly woman, Isabelle thanked her lucky stars for a mother like hers.

Younger brothers are just troublemakers, no matter how old you get. And having twins as your siblings is just the cherry to the disastrous cake.

The house always remained a minefield, not knowing where to step, will lead you to be trapped in their pranks.

One day it would be Dad's purple dyed hair after the shower. The other day it would be chocolate in Mom's pasta. Damian wasn't exempted from their pranks just because he was newly married.

One time Damian came out of bathroom in Bella's peach night gown. This made Isabelle and the twins laugh their guts out, rolling on the floor.

Isabelle never thought she would be pranked because just like others, they will pity her and treat her with utmost care right? She was _so_ wrong.

Isabelle couldn't help but running after the twins when she saw her hilariously inked face after a quick nap. Whatever the pranks were, the house of Sebastians would end up with laughter by the night.

A part of Isabelle wanted to be pranked by her brothers. They didn't pity her but loved their new sister. They accepted her as one of their own.

"How's the project going buddy?" Isabelle asked, Ethan helping her with the dishes.

The was glowing like the sun at the question as if he was dying to talk about it. And he kept blabbing about the girl he's so madly in love with.

"So when are you gonna tell her?" She asked, ruffling the younger one's hair.

"Urgh! Why did I had to lie her in the first place? God this tiring...... What if... What if she lea..." Ethan cried in frustration, the last part coming out more of a whimper.

Isabelle sensed his hesitation and held his shoulders, turning him to face her. "Look here mister. If she really loves you, not the 'Ethan Sebastian' or 'Andy Summers' for that matter, she'll definitely forgive you. But she may need her time. After all you did lie to her."

Ethan hung his head low, thinking about how hurt Riley would feel after knowing she was being deceived by him all this time.

"But if your love for her is genuine, you'll patiently wait and never give up on her. Do you understand that young man?" She asked, cheering up the lad. He nodded like an obedient pup.

"Bro are you done with the dishes?" Joe piped in behind the counter.

"Dude! We were having a deep conversation here. Go away peasant." Ethan said throwing a wet napkin at his twin, which he swiftly dodged. Isabelle chuckled

"Keep your messed up life to yourself shitface, she doesn't have time for losers like you. Now if you'll excuse us, me and Bro have a game night planned." Joe said, linking their arms and taking her to the game room.

It some time to register what just happened in Ethan's already wrecked brain. He shook his head vigorously. "I need to think of something but before that I need to clear my head." He said to himself and ran towards the Joe and Bella's direction yelling 'Hey! let me join you guys!'

Acceptance is one of the valuable features of humans. It takes years to build up a healthy relationship, but it  needs just a moment to open their hearts to a stranger.