Next step together

" was I out too long? " jasper asked with a faint voice.

Alex breathed in relief " No, baby. Just for a while." He brushed his bangs fondly. "some tests were run on you. I'll be back soon, after checking the results. Rest for a while then we can go home, Alright? " Alex kissed jas forehead before leaving the room.

Jas was simply staring at the ceiling his body was in obvious pain. Hitting that damn floor heavily was not at all helping him.  His mind was a little hazy, he was feeling nothing but gloomy all over like he didn't even want to get off the bed. To add even more to his miserable state, Alex left him to all himself. This silence doesn't seem to get along with his mindset, only filling him with painful loneliness. He closed his eyes to at least get mercy from sleep, but even that seems to leave him behind to let alone to tackle with a void of any distraction.

Alex's knuckles met the cold door twice, before opening it. There sat a man in his forties, wearing a white coat examining the report intently. He raised his eyes to see Alex before nodding him to take a seat. Clearing his throat the doctor begins, " I'm sorry Mr. Alex, we don't have many facilities to conduct a certain examination on the patient. I can only tell that he was suffering from an imbalance of pheromones and he needs pheromone grooming from his alpha. " 

Alex didn't seem to budge much, like he already expected this " it's okay, thank you for treating him at the time doctor. Im already informed about this by my personal doctor, so I would like to discharge him". He rested his elbows on the table leaning forward, " But may I get something detail about that pheromones imbalance? "

Being a general doctor he is, the doctor was hesitant to talk because he was not well versed in that topic. " Actually, this I don't know, I just know his pheromones were imbalance but he was not marked so I was confused without marking partner most omega's don't have imbalance disorder but if they have the disorder, it will surely be detected from the start of their first heat cycle. The imbalance happens when a marked Omega's alpha was not near him or they don't have much contact, the omega have to expose to their alphas scent"

Alex's face was null of any expression. He took a deep breath, walked out of the room after thanking the doctor.

He knows what happened to jasper now.

He was not marked and doesn't have the disorder from the start. so it can be explained easily.

It was because of him.

  He was his alpha, his fated pair. He was not near him for a week maybe that's why he was affected, he needed his pheromones and his mark to gain his stability. They were different from the normal pair so this will be the only explanation. The doctor might not be considered this option of them being fated pair.

He opened the door to Jasper's room. The clicking sound was enough for jas to flutter open his eyes. Behind Alex was a nurse who came forward to remove the IV needle and settled their check out. 

Alex carried jas in bridal style without saying much and got him into his car, and his driver he called earlier was already there and start his engine ready to drive.

" To my apartment " 

The driver nodded and drove silently. Jas was placed in Alex's lap the entire way even though he was groggy and his mind was not clear enough from the fatigue he can guess just by sniffing his alphas guilty like pheromones. 

He looked up and cupped the chin of his alpha and pressed his lip for a long while without further movements then distances himself from him to view his entire face.