one

Anastasia Valdez graced Miami on February 13, 1991, where she was born and raised.  Up until college, where she went to UC Berkeley and finally moved out of state.  Initially, her plan was to become a prosecutor, but instead of going to law school, she went to the FBI Academy once she graduated with a bachelors degree.  Due to the dual enrollment classes she took in high school, she was able to graduate college a year early, at 20. At 22, Aaron Hotchner, the BAU unit chief, recruited her straight out the academy because of her exceptional progression and skill, to which she became SSA Valdez.

Being the youngest agent since Spencer, everyone treated her like a little sister who they were extra protective of. Anastasia worked with the BAU from 2013 to 2018, and along the way, she met her boyfriend turned fiancé. When the conversation about kids came up, in addition to the fact that she went through a particularly hard case that kept her in a hospital for weeks, she officially left the FBI and moved back to Miami with her fiancé.

Back in Miami, she followed her father's footsteps and became a firefighter, which she started almost immediately after moving. The job is going well, they were settling into their new house, and they were putting together their wedding, but that all came crumbling down after he passed away right before Christmas 2019.

Now, a little less than two years after she left the bureau, she was having another fresh start in Los Angeles with the dog she and her fiancé adopted.  Thankfully, the Miami Fire Department handled all of the transfer paperwork, so all Anastasia had to worry about was unpacking.

"Okay, so this is the key to the front door and this one's for the side door. I usually take him for walks or to the dog park at sunset because it's not as hot, but the weather's a little different here, so I think you might know more than I do about that. Oh, this entire cabinet has all of his food, toys, leashes, and harnesses." Anastasia explained to her new dog sitter, Yasmin, a recent high school graduate taking a gap year to save up money. "I just need someone to make sure he gets fed and drinks enough water when I'm at work."

"Of course, where do you work again?"  Yasmin asked, petting Tatum while watching Anastasia point out everything while also getting ready.

Anastasia, who finally got her hair into a decent low bun, looked at Yasmin with a small smile on her face.  "Today's my first day with the LAFD. We moved here last week."

"Station 118?"  Yasmin asked enthusiastically, but before Anastasia could ask her how she knew that, Yasmin said, "They're always in the news.  Two of them are really hot."  She commented.

Anastasia sat down on the couch to slip her Vans on and let out a light laugh. "I'll keep that in mind when I meet them all later." Tatum scooted over ever so slightly, resting his head on his owner's knee with a low whine until Anastasia started petting him. "I should get going, can't be late for my first day. Tatum, be nice. She'll be with you for a few hours." Anastasia whispered to the two year old Rottweiler, who was practically her baby.

The three walked to the front door together once Anastasia picked up her duffle bag, purse and keys.  Yasmin stood at the front door with Tatum, waving while Tatum barked happily.  "You're really well behaved."  Yasmin commented, looking down at Tatum while Anastasia pulled out of the driveway of the one story house.

Since her phone was mounted onto the dashboard of her Jeep, she was able to answer the phone when she got a phone call from one Penelope Garcia. "Hey, P."

"Greetings, mortal fire goddess. So I know you told me not to, but I did background checks on everyone in your new station. Captain Nash has a dark past, if he's not crying when you meet him, he's a strong man. Lost his wife and two kids when his apartment building burnt down, which apparently was accidentally started by him. Henrietta Wilson, Inglewood born badass. She and her wife are trying to expand their family, but currently have a beautiful son. Howard Han got stuck in a chimney, gross, so that's his nickname and he doubles as a paramedic. He's been with the 118 longer than anyone. Evan Buckley, has moved a lot and he was LA's most delicious playboy up until captain fired him and then... unfired him. And the most recent member has been with the team for a little over a year. His name's Edmundo Diaz, from Texas. He was a medic in the army, wife died not too long ago and his son has CP. And that's just an overview because it would be creepy if I told you everything."

"I still feel like I violated their privacy. If they don't tell me this stuff and I accidentally mention it, I'll find another fire house."

"Or you could find your way back to Quantico, girls nights aren't the same without you."  The technical analyst suggested.  "Oh, and don't tell Emily I did this."

"I love you anyways, Penelope."

"Get in line, fire lady!"

× × ×

Hearing all of the stories about LA traffic made Anastasia leave extra early, so it clearly worked in her favor as she pulled up to station 118 with 10 minutes to spare. She found parking behind the firehouse, and climbed out with her duffle bag, which now had her wallet, and left behind her purse. No one was on the lower level with the trucks, which were spotless by the way, so she went upstairs and found a kitchen and about 10 other people.

"Uh, hi. I'm Anastasia Valdez, the new firefighter. Is Captain Nash here yet?"

"How do you know Captain Nash isn't here already?" The blonde one asked.

"Because she used to work for the FBI, no tricks are getting past her." A voice from behind them said. "Captain Bobby Nash, welcome to the 118."

The team watched the two shake hands in surprise, not expecting a new firefighter, let alone an ex-FBI agent.  "That's why you look familiar!"  Howie exclaimed.  "Oh, I'm Howie but everyone calls me Chimney.  Weren't you here in 2016 when that guy was impersonating an agent to get into women's homes to kill them?"  The team all turned to Howie in surprise, but then turned back to Anastasia to see if that was true. "What? I watch the news a lot."

"Oh yeah, I remember seeing you guys walk the guy into the precinct." Henrietta concluded. "I'm Hen, I'll show you where you can put all of your stuff."

Anastasia nodded her head, adjusting the strap of her duffle before she turned to follow the patterns down the steps.  "I'm assuming this one is yours since it's the only one that's been unlocked.  The bathrooms are right there and if you walk out here," using the other door, Hen walked out to the caged gear lockers, "we have our... everything.  Helmets, pants, jackets, shoes, and this one is yours. And here's your uniform." Hen picked up a small stack of black clothes, which had a badge and name plate on top.

Hen left to let Anastasia settle in, and because of the knowledge that the bell could go off at any time, she quickly changed into the uniform and put her bag away before heading back upstairs. "Oh, good, they just brought muffins while you were—" Bobby was cut off by the alarm bell going off, and the team groaned; some people immediately taking off running and some people stuffing their entire muffin into their mouth.

"I'll get one when we get back."

first chapter, how we feeling???  ik anastasia & buck didn't really interact but next chapter 🤞🏽

VOTE AND COMMENT FOR NEXT CHAPTER ‼️👩🏽‍❤️‍💋‍👩🏽