twelve

Taking Anastasia up on her offer, Buck visited her and Tatum basically everyday that they weren't working, which meant the two were together practically everyday of the week

Taking Anastasia up on her offer, Buck visited her and Tatum basically everyday that they weren't working, which meant the two were together practically everyday of the week. Either way, you could catch them together, in firefighting gear or sweatpants.  Ever since the first time they carpooled to work together, they continued to do it for every shift they had.  They'd walk through the temperature check together, unload everything in the locker room, and head upstairs to get whatever they breakfast was brought. 

"Hey, who ate the sprinkle donuts?"  Buck asked dejectedly because while he couldn't see it in the pink box, he could see the few colorful sprinkles that were left behind after being taken.  "You guys know those are my favorites ones."

"Sorry, Buck. You snooze you lose."

"There was construction by her street, I didn't snooze." Buck tried to justify, a pout on his face as he pulled out a plain sugar donut and handed a maple bar to Anastasia. "We'll just get donuts without you guys then."

To the team, he and Anastasia were basically the babies, so it was like they were pouting children.  Anyway, he and Anastasia had heard about California Donuts, a shop that had specialty donuts such as Fruity Pebble bar, a panda that was just white frosting with oreos, and a chocolate strawberry.  Buck only found out about it because he was scrolling through Instagram on her couch, and they've been planning to go, but didn't know when because of everything going on.

Mid bite into his chocolate sprinkled donut, which Buck was glaring at him for, Chimney said, "I feel like you guys already do that, but whatever you say."

Anastasia and Buck looked at each other knowingly, because they do in fact do that in their free time.  Usually it was small cafes and shops, so they could pick up a single donut, but every once in a while, when they'd spend the whole day together, they would get a baker's dozen in the morning and eat it throughout the day.  It came really handy when they would forget about the box entirely and then find it again when they were about to watch movies.

Thankfully, Los Angeles wasn't busy that morning, at least in terms of first responders, so the team actually had some time to eat and relax for about an hour before the calls started. "Don't forget your masks!" Bobby yelled over the siren, multiple times to make sure everyone by all the trucks were able to hear him.

With everyone rushing to get dressed into their gear and making sure everything was in place, along with Bobby reminding them about the pandemic going on outside of the station, Anastasia dropped some of her stuff.  Seeing as how her locker was right next to Buck's, he reached down the same time she did to pick up her stuff, but instead they ended up bumping heads on the way down.  "Is your head made of steel, B?"  Anastasia groaned, rubbing her forehead in pain as the two took a moment to themselves in the midst of everything.

"I'm sorry!"  He exclaimed apologetically.  Since Anastasia had straightened up to rub her head, Buck was able to pick up her stuff, by himself, without hurting her this time, and handed everything over.  He was pretty much finished and whatever was left, he could do while walking to the track, so he kissed her forehead, specifically the part that she was rubbing.  "There, all better.  Now, let's go!"