twenty eight

After their shift and almost having to contact the CDC about a sickness making people bleed from their eyes, Buck and Anastasia went out on a date

After their shift and almost having to contact the CDC about a sickness making people bleed from their eyes, Buck and Anastasia went out on a date.  A date at a real restaurant to celebrate them telling Bobby and to celebrate places beginning to open up again.  Because of COVID, there was only outdoor seating, so their table was placed beside a long Koi fish pond.  Outside, there was a white arch that all the waitresses and waiters walked through, double masked, and the entire patio was decorated with bushes, trees, green walls, and fairy lights. 

Anastasia's favorite part was the center pieces because every table had pink flowers and a candle.  "How'd you even find this place?"  She asked after thanking the waitress for pouring red wine into their glasses so they could look at the menu.

"Albert uses a lot of dating apps and said this place was good.  You like it?"

"I think you do an amazing job whenever you pick a place for us to go." She said sincerely. She reached across the table to hold his hand, and looked down at the menu options, going straight to the dessert section. "Look, they have chocolate cheesecake here."  She smiled down at the menu in excitement, and Buck looked over to where she was pointing at while his thumb was softly running across the back of her hand.

From the first day they met, they've been close, but it had a whole new meaning when they started dating. At first, when they were still friends, their closeness was showed in the way they always chose to be partnered together and how they did everything together, from carpooling to work to doing the same exact tasks. When they began dating, it was the same but a little more intensified. It was usually them always being connected physically like holding hands, cuddling on the couch/in bed, or walking around with Buck's arm around her shoulders. Around their friends and at work, it was less obvious. At those times, it was them holding hands under the table, constantly catching each other's eyes when they were looking around, walking so close that their arms could basically be linked, or Buck keeping a hand on her back to "help her."

They were like Siamese cats, always attached at the hip, and if you needed one, they could be found with the other. They were basically a package deal, which is why Bobby wasn't surprised in the slightest that they were together for months. He actually thought they were dating since before COVID, but his suspicions, and everyone else's, were right. Even though he was the only one that knew.

"So, we can't go back to my place tonight.  Albert doesn't have a date, so he's on the couch all night."  Buck explained.  The two had left the restaurant, but they were still standing in the parking lot with Anastasia leaning against the passenger side door and Buck standing over her.  "You sure you can make it an extra 10 minutes until we get to your place?"

"You're asking me if I can make it, B?"  She asked and gently grabbed onto the hands currently resting on her waist and hips.  "I think that's a question for you."  She said lowly, not like she needed to speak up with Buck just centimeters away from her face.

"You're not allowed to tease the person who bought you dinner."

"Am I allowed to tease the man that tastes like Tiramisu?"  She asked, slowly moving her head to bring it closer to his, trying to get another kiss out of him before they started driving off for the rest of their night.

Fortunately for her, she was successful and Buck was needy.  And they parked next to a wall, so they were completely hidden from everyone.  Before he pulled away from their private session and opened her door for her, he left his forehead connected to hers and said, "Ask me again in 20 minutes."

× × ×

Since their station worked in 24 hour periods, they always had a 2-day break before the next shift so the other teams in the house could have their turn.  After their dinner date, Buck and Anastasia were separated so he could help Maddie and Howie create gift baskets for their neighbors.  They wanted everyone to be prepared for their new baby and any late night crying that will occur, so the baskets were like an "I'm sorry in advance" gift.

That meant Tatum and Anastasia spent their day alone, but Tatum wasn't that mad about it because Anastasia took him to a dog beach so he could run around while simultaneously staying cool.  He even made a few friends because some other dogs started chasing his ball whenever Anastasia threw it.

"I know it's only been like 24 hours since I saw you, but I hated every second of it."

"I missed you too, B."  Anastasia laughed as she got into his Jeep.  Rather than driving off to their job right away, Buck leaned over the center console to kiss his girlfriend.  He got a little carried away with it, so Anastasia had to pull herself away and make sure Buck didn't follow.  "You missed me enough to make us late for work?"

"I missed you a lot more than that, come here."

× × ×

The calls in Los Angeles were always nothing short of interesting.  And sometimes they were brand new things no other firefighter has ever seen before.  Like the call they were currently on.  One of the flight attendants had reached her breaking point, and while escaping from the delayed plane, she somehow got the cork from her champagne bottle stuck in a man's throat.

"Just when you think you've seen everything doing this job, the universe throws stuff like this at you."  Anastasia said.  Since she wasn't a certified EMT, she was with Buck and Eddie, checking on the flight attendant for any broken bones or a concussion.

guys i started watching Station 19 (another firefighter show lmao) and im only a few episodes in but 2 of the main characters had a secret relationship too, which i found funny... thats all lmao

in case u havent noticed, im stuck with what to do other than exposing their relationship 😭 i dont want to follow the show 100% and just make every chapter about the calls in the show so idk 🧍🏽‍♀️ like shawties need some drama, but not "we're breaking up and im moving to another station" drama yk?

IF U HAVE ANY IDEAS/STUFF U WANT TO SEE I'D LOVE TO HEAR THEM

VOTE AND COMMENT FOR NEXT CHAPTER ‼️🪵