seven

The city of Los Angeles and it's people never really caught a break, and being a first responder, everyone in the 118 had a front row seat to that

The city of Los Angeles and it's people never really caught a break, and being a first responder, everyone in the 118 had a front row seat to that.  It was near the end of the shift, aka early in the morning before sunrise, when the station and many others got a call about a train derailment just by the ends of the city. Right before getting the call, the team was sitting in their "off-duty uniforms" in the kitchen, some wearing the Black pants and undershirt, and some straight up just wearing the LAFD sweatpants.  Despite it being like 2AM, they were making pasta; it was actually just Bobby and Anastasia making the pasta, while everyone else was helping Hen study for her medical exams. 

Because of how drastic the accident was described over the phone to the 911 operator, the 3 closest stations were called over for starters, and if more were needed they would be called after.  The 118 was the second station to get there and everyone split up, but went to the same general areas because the train carts that appeared to be the most destroyed were still connected or beside each other.  Because of the critical condition of those parts of the train, they were the first assisted, along with the residents who lived in the RV park.

"I'll start emptying out anyone that's still able to walk and get them away from that."  Anastasia told Eddie and Buck, looking up at the train car that was no longer on the tracks at all and was standing up vertically.  "Don't do anything stupid, please."

While she was talking to both of them, what she said it was more directed Buck who loved a good adrenaline rush and always tried to do anything he could to save people, no matter how dangerous it would be.  "Stupid is my midd— never mind.  Pretend I never said anything."  Buck said, making Eddie laugh at him for falling into a trap that was never set up to begin with.  Anastasia rolled her eyes with a smile before running over to one of the carts that still had people in them. 

"Let's go, smiley."

"I vote that nickname off the island."  Evan said immediately. 

"It's true, you've been smiling a whole lot more since she joined the 118."  Eddie stated.

Buck nodded his head, not really being able to deny the obvious, but he tried his best to do so by saying, "I just like making friends."

Meanwhile, Anastasia was working with some people from station 153 as new stations were pouring in to help out.  The carts towards the front of the train seemed to be perfectly fine, but were obviously getting checked out for concussions or any trauma, so everyone was really focusing on clearing out the carts on the end, near the site of the one standing straight up.  There weren't many kids on the train, as it looks like it was mainly adults traveling for work, but a few kids that Anastasia did run across, they seemed scared and worried about their parents and themselves.

One of the kids on the train cart, only had a small wound on their forehead, easily fixable with cleaning and a bandaid, but because of all the chaos around them, he had asked, "Miss, am I going to die?  I haven't even been to Disneyland yet!" 

Anastasia wanted to laugh at how adorable he was being, but instead simply shook her head and smiled at him.  "Nope, just put a new bandaid on every day and keep this clean, you'll be okay."  She assured.  "Let's go find your parents now, yes?"

And for about an hour, that's how the rescue operation was going. By the time everyone had gotten out of the train, all that was left was the vertical one that still had two people trapped inside by a beam, one person on each end of it, and the people who were in the RV park. Trying to save both of them was taking a lot of work, because if the beam moved in the wrong direction by the slightest, it could've caused either one of them to bleed to death.  Currently, it was Eddie, Buck and Bobby working inside and outside of the cart, and while going around helping people, even the firefighters couldn't help but watch in anticipation as Buck went on the outside and started cutting metal to pull someone out without killing the other person on the other end of the beam.

"Ay dios mío, Buckley." Anastasia muttered quietly, looking up at the man hooked to a cable while cutting into the train, all while trying to focus on her own job and work.  "Wait, Bobby is that train car secured?"  She asked with urgency, noticing that something in the picture seemed to be missing while Buck was up in the air.

"Nope, but Buckley's doing it anyway because he's stubborn."  Bobby responded, standing beside Anastasia and watching everything unfold.

"Does he realize he could die if he cuts just the slightest bit more than he needs to?"  Bobby nodded his head at her, since that's exactly what he told Buck before he was convinced it was the only option to save both people in the car.

Everyone watched in silence, even some of the victims who weren't to beat up to have to go to the medical tent watched.  One bed after the next, both bodies that were trapped in the train car were lowered down and put onto gurneys to be transported to the ambulance.  Those two victims were the final ones everyone was waiting for, so when they were out, the stations started packing up all of their equipment.  Meanwhile, Anastasia was waiting for Buck and Eddie to reach the ground again.

"I thought I told you to not do anything stupid."

With his harness and helmet still on, Buck looked over to Anastasia, now standing near the entrance they took to get into the train car, still waiting for Eddie to get out.  "Hey, the heroic cancels out the stupid."  He replied, trying to lighten up the mood.  "I'm fine, Stas.  Nothing bad happened."

"This time.  You're lucky you saved everyone and no one got hurt during that."

"You don't have to stress so much, I know what I'm doing.  Promise."  To emphasize just how serious he was, Buck held out his pinky to Anastasia.  "You know we don't make promises that we can't keep."

After staring at his hand for a few seconds, Anastasia sighed and wrapped her own pinky around his.  Buck sent her a big smile once their pinkies were linked and threw his arm around her shoulder before the two walked away from the wreckage, leaving a job well done behind them.

i still want them to make out or some shit but slow burn 🙄 i do not have the patience for this bruh

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE EVE BABES

VOTE AND COMMENT FOR NEXT CHAPTER ‼️🎄