twenty

Initially, Buck wanted to take Anastasia to a sanctuary since she loves animals so much, but because of Covid, they were strict on visitors

Initially, Buck wanted to take Anastasia to a sanctuary since she loves animals so much, but because of Covid, they were strict on visitors. Instead, he was taking her to a botanical garden because they weren't as strict, and because it was all outside, it would be easy for them to have a picnic date. Buck felt an overwhelming sense of nerves when he left his apartment to drive to her house, which was weird because he's never felt it before.

All through high school, he was on an adrenaline high, which is what ended him up as a firefighter in the first place, so actually being nervous for something, especially to this extent, was foreign to him. In addition to the fact that Anastasia has become one of his best friends, he didn't understand where it was suddenly coming from. and because they weren't telling anybody yet, it wasn't like he could call Maddie or Eddie to try to calm him down. Not even his therapist knew.

"Sorry, Tatum kept trying to run out the door because he saw you through the window." Anastasia apologized, coming out the front door to meet Buck on her porch. With the door closed and locked behind her, Anastasia looked up at Buck and smiled. "Hi."

Smiling back down at her, Buck was able to take it all in. "It" being the fact that this was the first time seeing her all dressed up since meeting her. "Hi. I got you these."

"You got me flowers before we go to a garden?" She asked, still with a smile on her face. Buck looked down to the bouquet in his hand, the sudden realization hitting him and making him second guess everything. "Hey, I love them, thank you. You don't have to stress so much, B. It's just me."

"I think that's why I'm stressing so much."  He told her honestly.

Gently grabbing his free hand and using her other to grab the bouquet, Anastasia began leading him off of her porch.  "Come on, we'll go have fun and eat good food.  I hope they have succulents, I always wanted a little tiny one."  She smiled, trying to ease his nerves.

As it was a best friends sort of situation, but honestly thought he was just nervous because he didn't want this to go bad and and their friendship entirely. Which was understandable, because it's not uncommon, but Anastasia was trying to do her best to show that no matter what, they'll always be best friends.  Whether that be as far as the relationship goes, or if it goes even further.

When they got to the botanical garden, they both put on their masks to get through the entrance part, Buck carrying a basket and blanket. Since he made the reservation for them to be able to walk in, which was currently only needed because of the pandemic restrictions, Buck lead Anastasia through the path. They didn't have to walk far before finding a grass clearing near a pond, and obviously surrounded by trees. It honestly looked like a private park area, and it's where Buck decided to lay down the blanket he brought.