sixteen

liked by ebuckley and 18,682 morestassivassi   LA mems so far❤️‍🔥view 347 comments

stassivassi   LA mems so far❤️‍🔥
view 347 comments

Anastasia wasn't sure what it was, but ever since her conversation with Buck in his Jeep in the parking lot of some breakfast café, there was some sort of shift in their friendship. They somehow got even closer since then, and while their team members were used to them being stuck at the hip, they've noticed a lot more touching. While they didn't realize they were holding hands in his car in the parking lot, they could now be found with Buck's arm over her shoulders, or sitting next to each other while he played with the ends of her hair (whenever it wasn't in a bun), or her mindlessly playing with his rings, and the list goes on.

"Hey, Dr. Copeland."

On his iPad and through his AirPods, was Buck's therapist who he's recently been talking to. "Good morning, Evan! I see you're still at your friend-who's-a-girl's house."

"I am, that's what I wanted to talk about today. I was thinking about what you said last time, about how I have trouble sharing my feelings, and I think you're right."

While he was on his video call, talking to her about what happened after the bus accident, Anastasia was on her couch watching a re-run of World of Gumball while sitting on the floor eating waffles. The only reason she was even on the floor was because she didn't want to risk spilling any syrup on her couch.  However, despite her sitting on the floor, Tatum was curled up at the end of the couch, fast asleep after he ate his own breakfast.

When Buck's meeting with his therapist ended, the TV was off and Anastasia's plate was on the drying rack by the sink.  The only other place she could've been was outside, which is where he found her and Tatum throwing around toys in the grass. "No, the ball, Tatum!" Anastasia laughed, falling over from her seated position when Tatum decided he didn't want to fetch his tennis ball as much as he wanted to chew on Anastasia's hair.

Though she was laughing while Tatum was over her, Buck decided to help her and distract him by throwing one of his little tires onto the grass. "He really does act like a small puppy sometimes." Buck commented from the end of the grass area.

"Hey, how was your video call?"  Anastasia asked with a bright smile, still sitting on the grass so Tatum could come back to her.

Anastasia didn't know who he would talk to, since he put in AirPods to make the session as private as possible, but she was walking by the guest room once and heard him say "doctor", so she did know that was involved. "It was good, I think I got a lot of things out of the way." Buck joined her on the grass, joining her in watching Tatum roll around and get all his energy out. Ever since the pandemic started and they weren't able to go a lot of places, and because Tatum has always been an active dog, Anastasia and him would be in the backyard for hours before he finally got enough exercise.

"Have you ever done yoga, B? I downloaded TikTok and saw dog yoga."

"Um, I'm not exactly flexible.  I do more lifting than yoga."

"Well, that's unfortunate because I already have mats for us."

× × ×

At the next shift, one of the first calls that the station got sent to was to a house in the Hollywood Hills.  There wasn't much description, but they were told that someone fell in the shower with possibly a head injury, and that they were going to a smart home.  "Welcome, Los Angeles Fire Department."

"Well that's not creepy at all."  Anastasia muttered, her team making noises of agreement as the house unlocked and opened its own door.

The paramedics, Hen and Howie, went with Bobby upstairs to go check on the severity of the accident, while the other three went to get the gurney.  They weren't experts in the medical field, but they definitely could tell that this guy would not be able to walk down the stairs and out to the ambulance.  "Maybe you should cancel that Roomba you ordered yesterday."  Buck said to Anastasia as they wheeled everything into the house.

"I just paid for that thing and named it already."  She sighed.

"I'm just happy I didn't order that Smart coffee maker that I keep saying commercials for."  Eddie thought aloud, which wasn't exactly good on his part, because Hildy pulled up a picture of him and started showing him top rated coffee machines.

"Bienvenidos al futuro, Edmundo."  Anastasia said cheekily, sending him a teasing smile as Buck looked between the two in suspicion.  Rather than addressing him, Anastasia made her way down the hallway while the guys rolled the gurney and followed behind her.

When the three got to the bathroom, currently a potential crime scene, hen and how we were finishing up their assessment.  "So Bobert, you have any horror stories with smart things?"

"Other than people? No." Anastasia nodded her head at his answer, and turned back to the team currently getting their patient situated on the gurney for transport. "I've met a lot of people in my life Valdez, but you're the only one who's ever called me that."

Smiling to herself, Anastasia nodded her head in pride. "It's part of what makes me so special."

The team walked out of the bathroom and started making their way out of the house, and by the front door, he woke up.  "Anthony, it's okay.  you fell in the shower, but lucky for you, we found you in time."

"Yeah, your girlfriend really helped you out today."  Anastasia stated, which caused him to start thrashing around and yelling in the gurney restraints.  Howie, who was keeping a watch on his vitals, immediately brought up sedation.  "Was it something I said?"

"I think it's the something about the girlfriend."

"Ex-girlfriend."  Anthony emphasized, a lot calmer now than he was seconds before.

When everyone was situated again, they began rolling him out of the house, now ready to take him to the hospital for treatment.  "Trouble in paradise, I guess."

"I'd never let that happen to us."

"Okay, Buckley."

guys i forgot theyre at like peak covid in the story when the LA lockdowns and riots were happening ☠️ they shouldn't have been at a restaurant lmao oops

VOTE AND COMMENT FOR NEXT CHAPTER‼️🦈