fourteen

"Look who finally decided to show up."  Eddie announced, watching from the upstairs area over the railing as Anastasia and Buck walked into the station house laughing after getting their temperatures checked. Seeing as how they always carpool to work, you would always find them attached at the hip, especially in the morning.

Mockingly, Buck stopped walking to do a dramatic bow between the trucks.  "Royalty has arrived!"

With Eddie and Buck making everyone aware of the new arrivals with how loud they were, plus the echo of their voices through the station, everyone else started coming out. Hen and Chimney came from the back of the ambulance where they were restocking, and everyone else from upstairs in the kitchen. "Royalty is late for their shift."

"But we came with donuts." Anastasia smiled, Buck waving around two pink boxes since he insisted that she shouldn't carry anything.  "The one by my house opened back up."

Anastasia and Buck pretty much just sat all their stuff on a bench and started walking up the stairs, and with their mention of donuts, Bobby was suddenly forgiving because they got his favorite.  "Oh, did you get apple fritters?"

"Duh, have you met us?"  Anastasia stated.  The guys let her and Hen pick first before they disorderly picked their own.  Anastasia picked a seat at one of the taller tables and had two cups for her and Buck, whenever he got back. "Want a bite?"

Without him even having to answer, Buck and Anastasia traded their donuts to take a bite of each before giving it back. "You guys are so weird." Eddie commented, walking up to the two with his face scrunched up.

"Why, you want a bite?"  Buck asked.

"No, what if you have COVID?"

"Um, our temperatures were checked and we were tested, duh."  Anastasia informed him.

"Dude, they basically live together at this point.  They'd both be gone if one of them had it." Howie brought, but it wasn't really new information to the team.

Apparently Anastasia and Buck were both famished, because their donuts were one bite away from being gone when Buck said, "Hey, we don't live together. I happen to have my own apartment, for your information."

Chimney let out a hum from the kitchen island near the box of donuts, still close enough to hear the conversation.  "Which I live at more than you."  Followed by the sirens in the station going off, signaling that they were all needed.  Which was also followed by an alert on everyone's phone.

"Woah, guys!  The Hollywood Dam broke and there's a huge flood."  Buck stated while walking down the stairs, as if everyone wasn't reading their phones while hurrying to their gear.

"And we're going to one of the first accidents."

With everyone loaded into the trucks, they finally left the station house, speeding down the streets with their sirens on. In about 10 minutes, with the roads beginning to clear up because of the floods making people too scared to drive, the 118 pulled up to a business-like building just off of the freeway. It was like one of those stereotypical buildings you would see on TV, where it looked like the walls were all made of glass because the whole outside was all windows. At one of the higher floors, half of a metro bus was sticking out.

The team stood in the elevator, patiently waiting to get to the floor they needed to be on, and Buck was looking things up on his phone about the dam. In the front stood Hen, Bobby and Chimney, and behind them was Eddie, Anastasia and Buck. "Did you know the reservoir holds like 22.5 billion gallons? Where's all that water supposed to go?"

Picking her hear up from off the elevator wall where it was resting, Hen stated with a smile, "My mom survived the dam break in the 60s, Baldwin Hills. Water only wants to go one direction, back out to sea."