eleven

From the last time Anastasia worked with the BAU, the arsonist/serial killer had evolved from family restaurants to family homes.  Within a few days, with all of the information given to them about the case, the BAU had a major lead and the last thing they had to do was find out where their suspect was going next. However, he was kind of in the wind, so they were relying solely on camera footage, which Penelope Garcia could do with her eyes closed. Best case scenario, they catch him before he sets any other buildings on fire, but they were really just hoping to catch him before anyone else could die.

The 118 had just finished handling a call where someone passed out on the Walk of Fame, so they were heading back to the house so they could restock, clean, maybe take a nap.  24 hour shifts were hard, especially in big cities like Los Angeles where 911 operators were constantly busy, so the 48 hour rest period and beds provided in the house were greatly appreciated. "118, please come in, this is SSA Prentiss."

From the front seat, Bobby responded on the radio. With the FBI presence now on the radio, everyone was listening closely and hanging onto every word as Prentiss explained why they were needed.  "I'm really hoping this clean up duty is more building than bodies."  Chimney commented, all of them knowing about who the FBI was chasing and what he was doing.

"I just hope it doesn't ruin my appetite because I am starving."  Buck groaned.  Though they've been handling smaller calls all day, they've been our of the fire house basically all day and they haven't yet found an hour to sit down, eat, and rest.  They were definitely in need of refueling time.

After speeding down the busy streets of LA, the truck pulled up to a seemingly unharmed building.  Other than the multiple blacked out SUVs, everything appeared to be normal, at least on the outside from a street view.  In the back seat of one of the SUVs, there was a man with blood on his scolding face, glaring as the firefighters and paramedics walked by to get into the house.  "The parents are a pretty banged up, but the kids are fine, just a little traumatized."  Spencer Reid informed them as the whole group walked from the sidewalk to the inside of the house.

In the living room, on the floor and the couch, were a mother and father bleeding profusely from their faces and bodies, especially the father who looked almost unrecognizable.  With the black furniture, it was obvious a fire was attempted, and thankfully unsuccessful.  Although the firefighters weren't really needed, everyone in the 118 got to work.  "Valdez, JJ, the kids."  Emily spoke quietly, and though Anastasia wasn't part of the team anymore, she followed JJ down the hall to where the kids were waiting, Bobby and Buck watching intently. 

Fortunately, the kids weren't hurt, but they were very shaken up.  After the cops took the suspect to the station, JJ and Anastasia led the kids out of the house, holding them so they wouldn't be able to see their parents or the mess.

× × ×

A week after the BAU leaving, it was announced that the Corona virus had finally made it's way to Los Angeles and the week after that, there were talks of lockdowns and quarantines. "I don't know if I can handle lockdowns. I'm an outdoorsy kind of guy, I need interaction with people and... and nature."

"Lockdowns wouldn't really affect us, B. We're first responders, we don't exactly get days off." Anastasia explained in the car.

Slowly, the two were starting to carpool to work and over the past week, that's been their only form of transportation. Since Buck lived farther, he was the one that picked up Anastasia, and in return, she'd get him donuts or really any type of food. The two got out of the car, pulling their masks over their faces, which was still something they were getting used to, and went to get their temperature checked before walking in.

"That's only for work though, Stas. We'd have to be holed up at home whenever we're off. What if I go insane and do a flip off of my railing?"

"Stop being dramatic, that won't happen." Anastasia laughed. "You'll be inside for 48 hours, 16 of which you'll be asleep for. Imagine the people who aren't first responders and actually have to stay inside for two weeks." Anastasia tried to reason.

"Are you talking about the lockdowns again?"  Eddie asked the two as they entered the glass locker room, where he was currently organizing his stuff.  "You gotta chill out about that, Buck."

"I may actually die of boredom."  Buck replied. 

"Well, seeing as how I'm the only other person who doesn't live with anyone or any kids for you to get sick, you can hang out with us if you really think you're on the verge of death." Anastasia offered.

With everything going on, a lot of the people in the station were already taking precautions; hen wouldn't see her wife or kids without showering first after a shift, Chimney completely moved out of the apartment for Maddie and the baby's safety, and Bobby and Eddie were just being extra careful when they got home. Anastasia and Buck were the only ones who didn't have other people to worry about, so they went home as usual. However, Anastasia did have disinfectant sprays around the house for Yasmine, whenever she came to watch Tatum, and Yasmine started leaving a few minutes before Anastasia got back so she could be on the sidewalk when she finally pulled into the driveway because she had a family to get back to.

"What if I get Tatum sick?"

"We work 24 hour shifts together, B. Whatever you have, chances are I probably have it. It's not like you're gonna be living with us." Anastasia replied, but then she turned to the locker a few doors away from hers and looked at Buck. "You do know you're not living with us, right?"

A puff of air came out of Buck, a mix of a scoff and a sigh.  "Of course I do, I'm not an idiot."

Anastasia nodded her head, his answer sufficing her question.  "Can we go upstairs now?  I want donuts before that bell goes off."

theyre so close to the kissy kiss 😩 idk what else to say lmao

VOTE AND COMMENT FOR NEXT CHAPTER‼️👰🏽‍♀️