thirty nine

"I made lunch with love, for my love." Buck announced as he walked into the living room where Anastasia was sitting on the couch. 

It's been a few days since she got out of the hospital, so her arm was no longer in the sling, and with Luna and Rick extending their stay for a few more days, Anastasia had enough time to make up for the days she missed with them.  Even though her arm was not good enough to move, Buck insisted he still do everything for her.

"I'm not bed ridden, Evan.  I can still make my own food."  Anastasia said as he placed the portable table with a plate, utensils, and cup of juice over her lap.  "Gracias, mi amor."

"I know you aren't helpless, but you're still recovering.  I am obligated by the Good Boyfriend Law to take care of you." 

Due the lack of the stability on the couch, Buck opted for holding her cup of juice in his hands while she ate.  He just made her a simple sandwich with a side of macaroni, but he strategically cut the sandwich into four smaller squares, worried about the possibility of her choking.  He was honestly tempted to feed her himself, but it didn't go well the first time he tried, Anastasia not liking that he was being so cautious.  As much as she understood his worries, she didn't like looking vulnerable.  Plus, she still had a perfectly good arm that had no problem with doing any of her everyday tasks.

Her cup had a straw in it, so Buck watched her eat intensely, trying to read her mind and find out when she would want a sip so he could raise the cup without her asking.

"Are you not going to eat? You have to take care of yourself too, Bumble B, not just me."

"I will eat, promise.  I already made everyone a plate, just wanted to make sure you didn't miss out."  Buck explained to her.

Rick and Luna came out from their guest room at the smell of the food, and glanced at the couple on the couch before looking at each other and continuing to walk to the kitchen. The married couple grabbed their plates and watched from the dining room table as Buck continued to insist that he could feed Anastasia her food, which was now halfway gone.

"I'm so happy for Na-na. I thought she'd never move on after what happened to Danny." Luna smiled, watching her older sister giggle at something Buck was saying to her, mindlessly fidgeting with his hand that was thrown across her shoulders. "You think they'll get married?" She asked quietly.

Mid-bite into the food he was in the process of devouring, Rick looked over to his sister-in-law and her boyfriend. "Luna, they've only been together like six months."

"I know, but I think you can just tell sometimes." She shrugged, still with a smile on her face. "Like I always got bad vibes from her high school boyfriends, but Danny? I knew from the first time he came over for Thanksgiving that they would get married. Maybe we can't predict until Evan meets our parents."

"Maybe, but you need to eat. We have to go on our nature walk soon, and you haven't eaten since breakfast."  Her husband stated.  Even with COVID going around, Rick emphasized the fact that Luna still needed to move around, and with Los Angeles' weather, they've been just walking around Anastasia's neighborhood or going to the park down the street.

"Yes, sir." Luna pulled her eyes away from the living room, finally looking at the plate of food Buck prepared. "So protective."

Back on the couch, Anastasia was done with her sandwich and was finishing her macaroni.  "Massage?"  Buck offered to her.  Ever since it became safe enough to do so, he had started offering to give her shoulders a massage.  Mainly because of the restriction with the sling and how stiff it kept her arm. 

"Are you gonna burp me too?"  She teased.

However, Buck did not catch onto that and thought she was serious.  She watched as his eyebrows furrowed, and he glanced down at the tray of food, around the room, and then back to her.  "Well, no but— did you need help with that this whole time you've been out of the hospital?"