nineteen

With the 126, and all that was currently left of the 118, there was a little bit of a seating arrangement struggle because there was eight of them and only six seats.  However, Eddie was quick to suggest that since Buck and Anastasia were so close, they could share a seat, so that left Mateo to sitting against the door while everyone else got their own seat. "You know, I kinda like the nickname Golden Girl for you. It feels fitting."

Since she was literally on his lap, and they were as close as they could possibly be, they were able to talk quiet enough so no one else in the rig could hear them. "You've given me a new nickname like every week, B." Anastasia responded.

"That's because I haven't found the perfect one yet. And Stas doesn't count, that's just your name." Buck told her. "You need a cool nickname that only I call you by. 'Cause we're like this." Nodding down to his hand, Buck gestured down to his hand where he had his pointer and middle fingers intertwined.

When the engine finally made it to where the GPS said the helicopter crashed at, the sun was beginning to rise, and because of the fires, it seemed brighter than it actually was. Before the truck was fully put into park, TK was opening the door and running out, Anastasia and Buck quickly following him. They were all relieved to see that despite the crash, the helicopter was in one piece, and it seemed to be that it was only the ash from the surrounding fires that got onto it.

TK, who slithered his way beneath the helicopter that was on its side, poked his head up as he came to a full standing position, and said, "They're not in here!"

"That means they made it out. They made it out!" Buck repeated, this time directed to the rest of the team they managed to put together.

Judd was currently like their supervising captain, since he was the oldest out of them and has been doing the job a lot longer than the rest of them. Plus he was basically second in command when Captain Strand was around. So it only made sense that everyone turned to him for direction after finding out that the helicopter was empty. "Everyone fan out! They couldn't have gotten far."

Everyone went in pairs in different directions, beginning to look around for any sign of where Hen and Captain Strand could have gone. which didn't take long at all because about two minutes later, Marjan was yelling, "Guys, over here!" as she spotted two yellow coats perched on some sticks. The same yellow coats that every firefighter was given upon arrival to the site.

Immediately, everyone began running over, TK practically sprinting. While much of it was burned down, it seem to look like they had found some sort of cave to hide in. The wood was charred and falling over, but they had blocked the opening with a bunch of rocks somehow. With so many of them trained to handle situations similar to this, they made quick work of taking the wall down and getting inside.

Within minutes they were carrying Hen and Captain Strand out to get them to the engine. They didn't have much equipment, since they only had whatever was on the truck, that they technically stole, but it was definitely enough to keep them alive.

× × ×

After the little rescue mission, they did get yelled at by the commander, but they were applauded for their work

After the little rescue mission, they did get yelled at by the commander, but they were applauded for their work.  Both captain strand and Hen took a day off, because they were in the medical tent, and by the time they woke up, the fire was small enough for the out-of-state stations to start heading back home.  Since Mateo and Buck were so keen on Firefox and Phoenix meeting, they took pictures together to document the moment before the 118 started to pack up their stuff.

"Hopefully they love the crossover."

"I think I love the crossover."  Buck told the two.

"Will you go away?"  Anastasia gently pushed him away from them, which only led to them jokingly swinging on each other before he just threw her over his shoulders, firefighter style of course, and started walking away.

"It was lovely meeting you, Firefox.  Text me those!"  Anastasia yelled from over his back.  "Where are we going, you loser?"

Since she was laid horizontally across her shoulders, she was able to see behind and in front of him, so she knew they were walking towards their truck, but they weren't leaving yet.  "Eddie's parents are cooking for us in El Paso, and I'm starving."  He shrugged, moving her body with him as he did so. 

In defeat, she just went limp, so her entire body weight was on him.  Though the two had just walked away from them, Mateo came running after them.  He was still very persistent that they find his cousin, Marvin, even though he was in jail for grand theft auto.  With him now walking with the two, buck put Anastasia down as the three walked in between the trucks.  "Hey, Buck.  You really put yourself out there."

"It's what we do, right?"  Buck said simply.  "Oh, hey, if you ever find yourself in LA, we should get together."

"Oh yeah, sure!  I can bring my boyfriend and we can all have like a double date.  I gotta go, it was nice meeting you guys."  Without much else, he walked away from the two and left them standing by their truck in confusion.

"Did you tell him?"  Anastasia whispered with wide eyes. 

Even on the 20-hour drive from Los Angeles to San Angelo, neither one of them told anyone that they were going on a date.  "No, I thought you told him!  How does he know?"  Buck whispered back, just as shocked as she was.

While they were whispering to themselves, Eddie cam around the back end of the truck, making them quickly shut up.  "Am I interrupting something?"  Quickly, both of them shook their heads.  "Okay..?  Anyways, have either of you seen Hen?  The truck's ready to go now."

I love how at the end of the episode, TK bought Buck was hitting on him😭😭😭 tumblr really got me thinking fox will make buck being bisexual canon 🫣🤭

VOTE AND COMMENT FOR NEXT CHAPTER‼️🏎