─ ⁰⁴. WAY MORE FUN THAN QUIDITCH

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 𝟒 *•. ┄┄

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

Olivia's eyes lifted to the door of the cafe when she felt magic walk in. Olivia always had the talent to sense magic in people, perhaps it was due to it being a big part of her childhood, so she frowned when she sensed too much magic to be a non-maj walking in. She smiled when she saw Euphemia Potter enter the establishment, poise quite refined in Muggle attire.

Dropping the cup she had been pretending to wash with a rag to maintain herself occupied during the busy morning, she beckoned the witch over to the counter. "Mrs. Potter! I didn't realize you would accept my humble invitation."

"Euphemia, dear," the woman corrected her with a smile and sat on a seat on the counter. "My good manners wouldn't ever be able to turn down such an invitation."

Olivia shrugged, "I just figured you wouldn't likely come to a non-maj establishment."

"Curiosity killed the cat," Euphemia replied nodding as Olivia offered her tea.

"But satisfaction brought it back," Olivia replied with a smirk. She gestured to the cafe around them, with only but a couple of people having their quiet breakfasts at tables in the corner. "Is it to your satisfaction?"

"Certainly it's less boring than being home alone. Every time James leaves, the house gets quiet. Well, until Fleamont sets a cauldron on fire."

Olivia chuckled, "I can say the same. First time in eleven years that Annora isn't with me. To say I'm bored yet relieved is an understatement."

"What of your husband?" Euphemia asked, peering up at Olivia with knowing eyes.

"Edmund passed a few years back. Annie was just six years old." Olivia wiped her eyes before she was caught crying and passed the cup of tea to the woman in front of her. Euphemia patted her hand with a comforting smile.

"Well, perhaps you should find something to do while Annora is at Hogwarts."

"Maybe." Olivia nodded. "I always wanted to teach, you know. Loved teaching Annie all she needed to know about magic."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, in the orphanage I grew up in, from the moment we displayed accidental magic they enrolled us in a sort of pre-schooling. They taught us to get in touch with our surroundings in order to control our magic and our emotions. I'm far better at wandless magic because of it."

"Can you use a wand?" Euphemia asked.

Olivia looked down at the wand wedged in her high boot and shrugged. "I have been better at it. Haven't quite used it much since Annie was born, to be honest. Always something in my arms you know."