─ ⁰². WAS I SLEEPWALKING AGAIN?

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐 *•. ┄┄

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

Olivia looked at herself in the mirror and tilted her head, trying to see if she looked appropriate and teacher-like. Much to Minerva's displeasure, Olivia had promptly refused the use of robes as a uniform, instead, she had promised to at least look decent and not wear jeans and tight t-shirts with slight profanities on them like she had when she was given her Hogwarts tour.

She was wearing a dress with a black bodice, that was slightly off the shoulders but did not have a cleavage (unless her collarbones counted). The sleeves ended in the middle of her arms, and had a line of a striped red, white and coral pattern, much like the skirt that stopped at knee length. She had leather boots on, and her hair was down. How much more appropriate could she really be? It had taken her a few hours just to find the dress.

With a sigh she left her office just in time, as students were already swarming the classroom, she smiled in her daughter's direction—she was sitting in the middle of the class with her friends and one of them, who she knew to be Rabastan, was looking at Olivia quite creepily. Olivia took a seat on top of her desk as the students finally settled down. She cleared her throat.

"Good morning, everyone, I'm Professor Olivia Hale, but please call me Olivia, I will have no surnames thrown about in this classroom," she said promptly. The students looked at each other with confused looks, as if she was mad—or perhaps they'd noticed she wasn't English. "Now, to be honest with you, it'll take me some time to catch on to names, but know you have my respect as long as you respect me. I allow you to call me by my name, that means you shut it when I'm talking," she said sternly, and a group of Hufflepuffs at the end of the classroom blushed.

She pursed her lips, and let the students squirm as she looked at them with a mischievous glint in her eyes. Hopping off the desk, Olivia announced, "Put your books and wands away."

Everyone did as they were told and Olivia beamed. Then one hand shot up and she turned to see a girl with purple hair with a small smile on her face. "Professor Olivia?" she said hesitantly and her smile grew when Olivia grinned at her.

"Yes...?"

"I'm Danica Reagan, Professor," she said, "I was just wondering... If we don't have books or wands what are we going to do?"

"Brilliant question, Ms. Reagan," Olivia said with a smile and turned to frown at the kids, "Can I give out points just because you ask a question and give out your name?"

Everyone nodded, hiding grins on their faces. Olivia rolled her eyes but by the end of introductions, both Slytherin and Hufflepuff had about a dozen extra points.