─ ⁰⁶. COULD YOU BE ANY MORE ANNOYING?

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔 *•. ┄┄

𝐬𝐦𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝  𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐮𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐠𝐨

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

"Good morning, how are my favorite lionesses doing?" Annora said chirpily, squeezing into the seat between Lily and Marlene, making them huff as they scooched over on the bench at breakfast.

"What are you doing here, Nora?" Lily asked with a grumble just as Annora happily took an apple from the bowl of fruit in front of her.

"I, Liliana, am trying to eat breakfast with my big sister and her friends, who at times, can be considered my friends, so if you don't mind, let's talk about... uh... Well, quidditch tryouts! I heard you're going for it this year, Marls, that's great!"

"Yeah, they're this Saturday," Marlene said with a grin, "I spent the whole summer chasing after snitches just to be good enough to get in the team."

"That's funny," Dorcas said with a snort, "I've been chasing snitches too. Only, by snitches, I mean chasing my siblings around the house after they told my parents I sneaked out of the house."

"Well, I hope both of you caught as many snitches as you—"

"Nora," Lily interrupted her, putting a hand on her arm as Annora began flailing them around, "why are you here? You never seat with us. You only do when—"

"Did you fight with your friends again?" Alice asked Annora with her sweet smile and the latter sighed.

"Fine. Yes, I did fight with them."

"About what?"

"It doesn't matter," Annora said with a shrug and took a bite of her apple, "I'm just waiting for Evan to miss me and come crawling for an apology. That guy can be a right bastard when he wants. That's why I smok—" Annora started coughing as she saw Lily's eyebrow raise and Marlene burst out laughing next to her. "That's why I smother my thoughts about smoking. It's relaxing."

"Right." Lily pursed her lips. "You do know you're only fourteen—"

"—I'll be fifteen in November if that's what you're worried about. Besides one teen in five smokes," Annora said and started counting the girls around her until she got to five and pointed at herself, "Lily you can't fight with statistics, you know. I'm only doing my duty as the fifth person."

"Nora, you have to stop smoking—"

"Lily I only smoked like twice since the summer," Annora said with a huff, "I know it's bad. Leave it alone."

"But—"

"Nora, what are you doing here?" James' voice was heard from behind them as he, Black, Lupin, and Pettigrew walked up to the table to their own seats. It seemed he didn't even see Lily, "What did those snakes do to you?"