─ ⁰³. ARE YOU BLACKMAILING A HAT?

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 𝟑 *•. ┄┄

𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

The little boats were gently rocking on the water, being moved by the soft waves from the lake. And whilst one would find the sight pleasing and even relaxing, Annora felt her insides clench. She felt the color drain from her face, nausea forming even before she got on the boat.

"No more'n four to a boat!" called Hagrid, ushering the children to the little boats.

"Can't we go by foot? Or those carriages the others took?" Annora muttered to Regulus, even though she was mostly talking to herself. The boy in return sent her an amused smile.

"Are you afraid of the water?"

"No." she shook her head. "But I don't like boats."

"Oh," he said and nodded in understanding, not teasing her anymore. "Is it really bad or can you just get to the castle?"

Annora swallowed hard as she looked at the boats and nodded, "It's fine."

"Alright then, I'll help you," Regulus said and indeed, helped Annora climb onto a boat.

She sat down next to Evan, who was already inside, and watched as Regulus and another boy joined them. The latter was a brunette and short boy, though he was just about her height. And his eyes twinkled with mischief and joy as he climbed on the boat, making it rock in the water and causing Annora to grip Evan's forearm.

"Everyone in?" shouted Hagrid, who had a boat to himself. "Right then—FORWARD!"

And the fleet of little boats moved off all at once, gliding across the lake, which was as smooth as glass.

"I'm Barty, by the way, " the boy introduced himself, "Barty Crouch Jr."

"Evan Rosier, " Evan said, and then pointed to Regulus and Annora respectively—the latter who was taking deep breaths and trying not to move much, her gaze set on the bottom of the wooden boat—, "Regulus Black and Annora Hale."

"Look!"

Regulus was pointing at the sight of the great castle ahead. Everyone in the boats quoted down and were silent as they stared at it—even Annora, for a splitting moment forgot about her nausea and gaped at the magnificent castle. It towered over them as they sailed nearer and nearer to the cliff on which it stood.

"Heads down!" yelled Hagrid as the first boats reached the cliff; they all bent their heads and the little boats carried them through a curtain of ivy that hid a wide opening in the cliff face.

They were carried along a dark tunnel, which seemed to be taking them right underneath the castle until they reached a kind of underground harbor, where they clambered out onto rocks and pebbles. Annora sighed as her feet stepped on the ground—looking as if she could kiss it— and throwing a look of disdain at the boats and making the three boys laugh.