─ ⁰⁴. YOU'RE MOON SENT, LUPIN

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒 *•. ┄┄

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

It was Saturday night and the five Slytherins were sitting in the common room. Bas and Evan were in the middle of a Wizarding Chess game (Evan clearly winning). Barty had his head on Evan's shoulder, his legs propped up over the arm of the couch, and he was sleeping with his mouth open and snoring softly. Regulus and Annora were sitting on the opposite couch—the former reading a book and the latter flipping through a magazine.

The rest of the common room was quiet, most people trying to finish their last-minute homework before Monday lessons or already retired for the evening. Then, Annora darted her gaze up, as she heard grumbling, seeing Severus Snape grumbling as left the boys' dorms. Frowning in curiosity, Annora stood up, catching the attention of her friends, and intercepted Snape before he could leave the common room.

"Hiya, Sev," she greeted him and he scowled.

It wasn't a rare sight seeing Severus scowling at Annora. Annora remembered that for the first month of her first year, he hadn't spoken a word to her, and all because she told Petunia he was in love with Lily. It wasn't as if Annora minded much, they haven't always been friends. They got along more because of Lily's sake than anything else, but Annora didn't hate him, so she was pleased when he started to grunt again as a greeting to her Hellos.

"I don't have the patience today, Annora," he said and made to pass by her. Annora didn't budge.

"What's got your knickers in a twist?" she questioned, tilting her head.

"Lupin's sick," he said, and while gesturing to his prefect badge, glinting in his robes, he added, "I have to cover for his rounds."

"Out of the kindness of your cold heart?" Annora gasped in surprise and Snape glared at her as her friends snickered. "I'm only jesting, Sev. Your heart is only room temperature."

Snape growled and stepped aside then headed out of the common room, making Annora chuckle as she got back to her friends.

"He's going to snap one of these days," Evan muttered, and in his sleep Barty muttered something that sounded like "Snape Snap. . . ."

"He's just so easy to rile up," Annora said with a grin. "Especially since he's technically my neighbor."

"What was wrong with him, anyway?" Regulus asked and Annora turned thoughtfully.

"Remus Lupin is sick," she said and the boys rolled their eyes.

"That guy could really use a better immunity system," Evan muttered and Bas snorted.