─ ⁰⁸. FEWER PUNS PERHAPS?

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖 *•. ┄┄

𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐮𝐛𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

Annora hated Mondays. And the one at hand was worse than the others. Annora's day had dragged along painfully slow and most of the classes she had weren't even with her friends. She had spent the day trying to get a hold of her mother but it seemed that other than classes, Olivia disappeared off the face of Hogwarts. Annie was starting to get worried about her. Her mother seemed off ever since Halloween, and it was now the third of November and she still hadn't talked to her.

Like every time she was stressed, Annora fell into temptation and was now leaning against the rail of her secret balcony and gazing at the lit fag in her hand, trying not to bring it up to her lips. She hadn't smoked since the day Black had found her on the balcony for the first time. She was fine. But it was also Monday.

Looking up at the sky, the stars hidden between dark clouds she sighed. It was as if both her parents were ignoring her.

Just then she heard the door creak and she turned to see Sirius walking onto the balcony with a small smile. She frowned. What was he doing here? It was his birthday, shouldn't he be celebrating? That was exactly what Annora told him.

"I thought you'd be out celebrating."

Sirius shrugged and approached the railing, snatching the cigarette from her hands and taking a drag, "I needed a fag."

Scowling at him, Annora shook her head but didn't reach for another fag. She smirked slightly and turned to him, "Right, like that's not code for I wanna hang out with Hale."

Black gasped dramatically, "How did you even crack that code? I was so cautious," he said and Annora had to bite her cheek not to laugh.

She turned to the sky again and pursed her lips. "So... did Reggie talk to you today?"

Seeing him shrug from the corner of her eye, Annora couldn't help but feel bad for the brother's broken relationship. "Not really, he passed by me and mumbled happy birthday before going away with Crouch and Rosier."

"It's better than nothing," Annora told him pointedly and Black scowled at her.

"I genuinely forgot his birthday last year! I told you! Isn't that one of your exceptions? That if someone forgets, then it's not bad?" he asked her and Annora ignored the faint blush she felt creeping up to her cheeks as he remembered what she had told him a couple of weeks back.