─ ⁰³. LILY, IT WAS JUST A JOKE

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑 *•. ┄┄

𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐮𝐬?

𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐮𝐬?

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

"Bad news, " Barty said with a grimace as he sat down on the Slytherin table the next morning for breakfast.

"Bad news as in. . . .?" asked Rabastan looking away from his plate to Barty, the others following along. Their curiosity getting the best of them.

"As in some first year is in the hospital wing," Barty said looking all too guilty, as he filled a bowl with porridge.

"How does that concern us?" Evan frowned at him.

"Well, he had an accident with a broomstick, " Barty said trailing off as he grabbed an apple from a bowl on the table.

"As in one of the school's brooms?" Regulus deduced and when Barty nodded they all grimaced.

"Well, at least he's not dead," Rabastan pointed out and as the boys went to nod along with his logic, Annora slapped him around the head.

"Those charms were supposed to cause slight tremors," she said with a huff. "Not put someone in the hospital wing."

"Well. . . ." Barty started, as he swallowed and waved his spoon around; they all turned to look at him. "I might have added an extra boost to one. You know, make it, um, slightly independent."

"Which one?"

"Probably the one the kid used," Barty said and they gaped at him. "I dunno which it was. It was dark!"

"So we'll go there again and remove the charms," Regulus said simply with a shrug and then turned to Evan. "You have the countercharm, right?"

"No, " Evan scoffed. "I thought it was a permanent thing. I didn't bother with it."

"We can—"

"I'm not spending hours in the library looking for it, " Evan cut Regulus off promptly and Annora couldn't help but agree. "The brooms won't kill anyone. Especially with a teacher present. I say leave it. Eventually, people will start to pick up on it."

"Well, at least the detention I got wasn't for nothing, " Annora said with a nod.

She didn't much like that someone was put in the hospital wing, but Evan was right. People would have to be really stupid not to notice the brooms were jinxed and that meant that she didn't have a point in feeling guilty, after all, people are to blame for their own stupidity. Besides, she would've hated for them to have to take the charms off and for her detention to be for nothing at all.

"Speaking of, " began Regulus, "it's with my brother, isn't it?"

"Yup, " Annora replied nonchalantly.