𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

Agothokakological (adj.) - Composed of both good and evil.

Anastasia

"I'm coming for you." He yelled.

I remained hidden in my usual spot in the closet. He won't find me. Since he didn't know there was a closet here. I giggled clamping my hand over my mouth realizing he was gonna lose.

I peeked from the narrow crack of the closet doors. No one was in the room, so I was safe. For now at least. I wasn't allowed in this part of the castle. No one was. Master was not home yet so this was a good chance to play hide and seek. If he ever found out.. no. No. I shook my head convincing myself that he never would find out. Because no one dared to tell him.

"Wherrreee are you?" He sang in a scary voice, in an attempt to frighten me.

Nope. I wasn't frightened. Not a teeny weeny bit.

"Ana, are you here?" He paused at the door. I could see him lifting his hand to open the door, yet he didn't. He sighed muttering to himself, dropping his hand and disappearing from my sight.

Chicken.

He was too scared to come in here.

I got out of the closet cringing at the sound of the rusted door.

Creepy closet.

I looked around the room. It was old and dusty as if not a single soul visited this part of the castle for years. There was a single bed in the room beside the creepy closet. Faded sheets draped from the canopy, reaching the ground.

Peeling the sheets, I came to stand near an empty bed. Pale yellow sheets covered the bed in a tangled mess. My brows furrowed in confusion, who would stay in a dusty and filthy room like this one. The bedside table had 2 conjoined picture frames. I walked nearer to them. Both of the frames were antique in gold trimmings. They looked old and rusty. The dust had settled on the portrait so I cleaned it with the sheets on the bed. I gasped as my eyes clashed with his Hazel ones. It wasn't possible. No, it couldn't be. Beside her, Master stood tall. He looked so young in the picture. He was smiling too. I've never seen master smiling/ The woman looked like a princess in her elegant white gown. I assume it was their wedding photo. The woman's smile was radiant. She looked happy. I couldn't recognize her though.

in the other photo, she looked happy, but her eyes showed a sad look of their own. Her eyes portrayed misery and torment. Master stood beside her. His hand resting on her shoulder as in the other picture. I couldn't understand why would anyone would keep 2 photos instead of one.

Putting the photograph back in its original place. I turned to leave. However, my feet got tangled in the sheets lying beside the bed causing me to fall on the floor. Rubbing my knees, I got up taking the heavy sheets into my little hands wanting to place them back on the bed. But my actions halted mid-way. I gasped at what I saw on the bed. It made my stomach queasy. Bile rose in my throat and I forced myself to swallow it. My gaze followed across the sheets draped on the other side of the bed. A horrible message followed there too. It looked angry as if someone forcefully laid it there. The marks were faded but it was there. Lingering on the sheets. Whatever happened in the past in this room it resided. It never left. The faint whispers, the hushed rumors these walls have uttered might be true after all.

Now I realized why I shouldn't be here. The master kept this wing a secret for a good reason. Quickly disposing of the blankets on the bed, I turned. No one will find out I was here. I have to keep my mouth shut. I had to run back before he could catch me. Slowly, walking on my tiptoes I stepped out of the room before checking the corridors. At this time of the day, it was empty. Everyone must be busy.