𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝘁𝘄𝗼

Raison D'entre (n.) - A reason for existing.

Anastasia

With my eyes stationed to the stairs, I cautiously made my way to the ground floor with Amara by my side. As always, she looked stunning, and somehow, she managed to help me look that way too.

As we finally stepped away from the stairs, my feet began to ache. Although I knowingly put these heels on, I solely regretted it already. However, this was no time to regret as we turned the corner to be greeted by many wandering eyes. My eyes never lifted from the floor and yet I knew, as always he was silently observing, judging my every move. I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable under his constant hard stare, moreover, it felt amazing to have his full attention for once.

It made me feel as though he cared, even though it was ever so clear he didn't give a crap about me. It didn't bother me that he didn't, I didn't need his evaluation, nor did I want it. It would be pointless to be another one of the girls constantly throwing themselves at him because quite frankly, he isn't worth my attention nor my time.

Anyways, he made it blatantly clear he felt the same as I did about him.

"Anastasia,"

The voice was low, almost as if it was a growl; however, I knew who it belonged to.

"Yes?" I ask innocently, diverting my eyes to his blue ones.

"Go change," He sighed, shaking his head.

"Why?" I purred, innocently tilting my head a little to the right.

"Because I told you to that's fucking why," He replied, his voice rising as he took a step towards me.

"Aw, c'mon big brother. Why do you care what she wears?" Amara reasons, taking my hand into hers.

"She's my wife, therefore she should learn to act so," Vincenzo snarled.

"It's just a dress,"

Vincenzo wasn't pissed off, he was enraged. His fists clenched as he took another step forward. I took another back, and luckily Max stepped in pulling Vincenzo back a bit.

"Why is it such a big deal what I wear? You made your feeling about me crystal clear."

He stayed silent, his glare never settling as he grabbed my hand from Amara's and gripped my wrist tightly.

"Let's go," Max sighed shaking his head in annoyance.

"You look like a whore," Vincenzo scoffed.

"Grow up, Vincenzo."

"Did I say you could talk?"

I roll my eyes, I knew Vincenzo was childish when it came to arguments but this was just ridiculous.

------

We followed the group out into the limo, Amara sat to my left, Vincenzo at my right side. Next to Vincenzo was Max then Marco, then next to Amara it was Diego and Roman and finally Ivan.

I could smell his cologne next to me, I had to say it smelt amazing. I and Vincenzo could never be together, but that didn't mean I couldn't enjoy the thought of it.

I wasn't saying I was in love with him either, I didn't even like the thought of him. I liked the thought of someone caring about me the way one would to their lover.

However, I'm sure Vincenzo will make that out of the equation before I even get the chance. For he was the one who would truly hurt me.

----

Stepping through the loud crowd, I clung to Amara's arm, desperate not to lose her. She led me towards a segregated area with a sign that read, ' Vip lounge'. There were still many people in the room yet so many less than in the room before. I stopped in my tracks, admiring the room's features, it stood tall like the rest of the club, yet there was something so much different in this one compared to the others. Brushing the peculiar thoughts aside, I resided to my new friends.