Chapter Fifty-Two

~Sunday 4th November- 7:13 am ~

I scrambled around the bedroom for my clothes, I had fallen asleep with Vincenzo last night and I knew now I was in trouble. No matter what I had promised to him and the others, I couldn't stay here when Dominico had such easy access to me. Vincenzo would drag me back each time, and they still wouldn't find out what had happened. 

I could only hope that each day they drew closer to discovering him. 

"Anastasia?" Vincenzo calls out.

"Yes?" I ask, dropping my dress at the end of the bed.

"Come back to bed, darling."

"I will, I promise... I just wanna go see Amara quickly."

"Can that not wait?" He asks, leaning on his arms resting orderly behind his head. 

"No, it's really important."

"Really?" He asks, raising his eyebrows suggestively.

"Really," I nod, tucking a small piece of hair behind my ear.

"Better hurry and put your dress back on then huh?" He mutters. 

I turn away heading towards the closet for some privacy, knowing Vincenzo he'd follow me all the way to Amara's room and stay there on guard himself until I left there.

I hardly doubted Vincenzo's word, and I knew everything he promised last night was true. 

I shut the door gently behind me, stepping into the dress I wore last night, and guiding it back over my hips and onto my shoulders. 

I carried my heels in one hand, and the tightly folded note in the other. 

"Now.." I mumble to myself, opening the door and almost walking into Vincenzo who leans against the door frame.

"God, you scared me," I mutter.

Vincenzo blocks my way out, looking at me in a way I could hardly describe. 

"Remember what I said, Anastasia. I know you're lying to me now, for good reason most likely, but I won't stop chasing you, everytime you run I sprint, every time you hide, I'll seek. Trust me, I won't let go of you until you beg me on your knees, not even then will I let go of you." He whispers lowly, brushing a small piece of hair out of my face. 

"I love you, Vincenzo," I mutter, gently kissing his cheek and attempting to brush past him.

He grabs my wrist pulling me back in front of him.

"You don't get to leave me like that, because I love you too, Anastasia." He rambles, before captivating me in a short but passionate kiss on the lips, only then letting go of my arm. 

I look at him one last time, taking it all in before rushing past him and leaving the small folded note in his pocket. 

I pull the door open and rush through the deserted hallways, my eyes so full of tears that I almost didn't see the figure before me.