Chapter Fifty - five

I reached around the empty bed, Vincenzo's side pulled back to resemble a made bed yet he was nowhere to be seen

I reached around the empty bed, Vincenzo's side pulled back to resemble a made bed yet he was nowhere to be seen.  I take a deep breath before sitting up properly. I clamber out of bed and look around the large empty space. Nothing.

My nerves creep up in my heart, as I check the bathroom, nothing. The closet, still nothing. 

There was only one place Vincenzo could be this early in the morning on his time off. 

I nervously open the bedroom door and scan the corridor for some unwelcoming familiar faces, yet unsurprisingly, there was no one to be seen other than a few maids doing their rounds. 

I rush down toward the gym room, eager to see Vincenzo as soon as I could. 

--

I walk through the considerably sized gym, keeping my eye out for Vincenzo. I guide my way through the crowded room of sweaty men and women. Eyes glued to me as if I were someone unfamiliar. I brush it aside and look around once more before finally finding Vincenzo. 

His toned shirtless back faces me as he flexes his muscles as he practices with the punching bag in front of him. I smile softly at the sight, gently running my fingers over his shoulder.

He flinches at first before his expression lightens breaking away from his conversation with Roman, hugging me tightly, his back bent to accompany the height gap we shared. 

It took seconds for him to pick me up off of my feet, I hook my legs around his waist and he spins me around in his arms. 

"Buongiourno, how did you sleep darling?" He asks, his darkened blue eyes staring deeply into my lightened ones.

"Good morning, I slept amazing. Thank you for asking." I smile, playfully pecking his lips. 

"I was a little surprised when I woke up alone though. Whe-"

A loud cough interrupts me, as Roman impatiently taps his foot. 

"Don't interrupt her," Vincenzo mutters, gruff apparent in his usual grouchy tone, as he slowly puts me back onto my feet.

"Good morning, Roman."I smile ignoring Vincenzo.

"Good morning, Ana." He smiles friendly enough.

Vincenzo ruffles my hair, taking his time to run his fingers through my soft curls.

"V, I'm bored." 

"That's because you don't do anything all day." He says half playful, half assertive, taking his hand wraps off and throwing them at Roman who catches them effortlessly.

"That's not true," I say, stepping backward and accidentally knocking into someone.

"Alright, what have you been doing all day?" Vincenzo asks, grabbing my wrist and stopping my fall.