Chapter Sixty-One

~Three months later~

"Aren't you excited to find out the babies' genders?" Max squeals with joy, clutching the envelope containing both of my babies' gender. 

"I still can't believe we're having twins," Vincenzo says leaning against the back of my armchair, gently kissing the side of my head. 

"In four months you'll believe it." Maximillian smiles, running a gentle hand over her fiance's knee.

"I'm just so happy I'm out of the horrible stage of waking up and immediately needing to puke, it was draining, to say the least. But now I get to find out my two little angel's genders."

"I wouldn't call them angels if I were you Stassie, don't forget who their father is." Roman jokes, Vincenzo gives him a disapproving look.

"What do you think the genders will be?" Vincenzo asks.

"A girl and a boy, my girl judgment stands from before," Maximillian says with confidence. 

"Oh I don't know, I'm feeling two girls, Maxi."

"I agree with Roman. I want two little girls." I say, running my hand over my stomach, a soft smile touching my lips.

"I'll have to get you pregnant again...very soon, sweetheart, because it's two boys."

"After these two children rip out of my body and fill my beloved nights with restlessness, you will not touch me for a very, very long time, sweetheart." I chirp, turning my attention for a moment toward Vincenzo.

---------

I entered the backyard, feeling the warm spring breeze envelop me. The gardens fed me the sweet smell of pastries, fruit, and flowers. 

Everyone was hard at work, as the time closed in on the baby shower. 

A table marked the importance of the party, shrouded in lace, with strategically placed marble and glass cake stands. The tall white cakes stood separated from the air by a thick layer of glass.

The roses on the bush matched the theme of the party perfectly with the white and neutral theme of the party, with two tall giraffes standing on either side of the table. The fog machine 

It was extravagant, to say the least, but it was perfect. 

Anything and everything I could have asked for.

I lean on the stone railing that surrounds the terrace overlooking the commotion. 

"Gorgeous no?" Vincenzo says, placing his chin on my shoulder while running a smooth hand around my stomach. 

"How are you feeling?" He asks, placing a soft kiss on my cheek.

"Excited."

"Yeah? Well if you want that feeling to stay, we can always have more children."