2

See chapter end for notes.

Chapter two

When Hermione walked into her kitchen where Pansy and Harry waited, she tried to smile but she was sure her bloodshot eyes gave her away when Harry hugged her longer and tighter than usual. The three of them drank their tea and Pansy did some make-up on Hermione so no one would ask if she was okay.

Hermione wasn't okay, she wasn't okay for the past months and she hid behind her mask. Sometimes she wished she was an occlumens. She hated that she wasn't okay, and she hated that it was Ron who broke her heart and still dared to rub his happiness under her nose. She hated everything but mostly him. And no one could blame her, she had every right to hate him.

Even his sister can't look at him anymore.

"Okay now.. where do we get lunch? I feel like Italian. Oh let's go to that little restaurant we went to when we told her that we are getting married." Pansy dragged Hermione out through the front door. The spring air hit her hard and she took a few deep breaths. The streets in Muggle London were busy for a Saturday and she wanted to go back inside, wanted to continue to stare at her fire. But she couldn't, she knew it was unhealthy, she knew she had to move on. She would start with moving on just then.

The Couple plus Hermione arrived at the little Italian restaurant at the perfect time. It wasn't overfilled and the atmosphere was comfortable. Pansy smiled when she saw that the table where they had told Hermione that they were getting married, was free. She practically sprinted over there and took her seat. Harry and Hermione followed the lead.

It was a cute little restaurant with rounded tables and white-red decorations, big windows and small plants all over the dining room, the chairs were comfortable with cute little red cushions and even the napkins were cute with little smileys printed on top. She had only happy memories here, memories Ron couldn't take from her.

A few months ago, Pansy and Harry took her here, alone. They ate their dinner and at dessert, Pansy told her the news. Hermione cried - tears of happiness. She loved the relationship between Harry and Pansy and she knew it was meant for a lifetime and even after. They were made for each other.

"Okay love, now we have to discuss what's happening next week." Hermione looked up from her menu and met Pansy's dark eyes, "Yes, so you know that I'll have one more bridesmaid and I want you to meet her in two days." Hermione was the bridesmaid, Pansy insisted and Harry did too, and she loved that she had the honour. What she forgot until then was that Pansy had never told her who the second bridesmaid was going to be, "Yes sure, who is she, by the way, I am curious."

"Daphne Zabini nee Greengrass, she was in our year in Hogwarts. I am not sure if you remember her. Anyways she and Blaise, her husband who was also in our year, will come back from Italy tomorrow so perfect timing for you to officially meet her. You will get along and if not, then I'll search for some replacements." She gave her a playful smirk and Hermione couldn't help but smile back.

They ate their delicious lunch and sat there for some tea and coffee. "Harry, you've been suspiciously quiet this whole time, I've spent my whole teenagehood with you to know that something's wrong. Spit it out." Harry looked over to his fiancée and Hermione could tell he was getting nervous. He glanced down at his hands than at a spot behind Hermione and then back at his hands. Something was wrong. "Harry James Potter, if you don't tell me what is wrong then I'll send you howlers every day to work."  She rested her elbows on the table and stared at him.  Harry knew that that was a promise and not a threat, she has done it once after Harry didn't tell her that he and Ginny broke up, and she would do it again.
"Okay okay, so I, erm, I may have done something last night." Oh, Merlin, this couldn't be good.