4

Notes:

Hi! Thank you so much for reading. And thank you so much for all the Kudos! I am overwhelmed. I didn't know so many would actually like this. My focus first was on my other ff - which I would love if you checked it out, click on my account and you'll find it - which is planned out in every detail and I thought many wold actually read it but now I guess I have two ff to focus on. Which is alright of course. This fic was a random idea after I read loads of dad draco fics and I though why not write your own? Lol, I never thought this would turn out like this.
I am so thankful you have no idea..
i do hope you enjoy this chapter and hopefully see you in the next chapter.

- English isn't my first language
Instagram = nathaliersn
Ao3 = nathaliesn

Love,
Nat

Chapter four

Hermione left after Scorpius, Pansy, Harry and Draco decided to go out for a walk. She didn't want to go out with them, she felt better yes, but she still didn't want to go out just yet. So she made some excuses and left through the floo. It was a nice brunch with them and she forgot about Ron, and even when she was alone again she didn't think of Ron. She could breathe again.

For the next few hours until dinner she threw herself in work, she needed to get through her notes for her workshop she wanted to pass by the Ministry. She worked on a workshop for Muggleborn parents. She planned that the parents could all learn about Hogwarts and magic properly, like a crash-curs, she called it "How-to-Magic" it was a rather dumb name for her workshop but she liked it and she was working on it, for now, some time.

In one week, right after Pansy's and Harry's wedding, she would present her workshop to the Ministry and she hoped she would get it passed and that she could start fully on the project. She already had her go from Head-Mistress McGonnogal in Hogwarts, she had a whole plan of how and where she would set the workshop and the only thing missing was the go from the Ministry.

She went to bed early that night, after a warm bath and a good book. No Ron could destroy her night.

Nothing could.

That's what she thought.

She woke, covered in sweat and tangled in her sheets, her body was shaking and her cheeks were tears wet.

The nightmares still haunted her. Even after years. They weren't an every-night ting, no she was past that, but she had at least one in a month. She hated how the war haunted her.

After a good amount of water and a change of her pyjamas into some joggers and a sweatshirt, she slipped in her trainers and stepped out of her front door. Jogging in the night helped her, especially after a nightmare. It was something she discovered two years or so ago.

The night air hit her hard and she started jogging - running.

That night are she had was one of the worse ones, she was laying on the cold manor floor. Her arm dripping with blood, her eyes filled with tears and her throat burning from all the screaming. Her body aching from the crucio. The sociopathic laugh from Bellatrix Lestrange ringing in her ears, over and over again. In her dreams, it was like she was there again, it felt so real, too real.

She ran and ran until her legs started burning and she needed to slow down. Her breath hitched and everything burned. Her hair slowly got out of her ponytail and she was sweating. She looked around, when she ran she just ran and didn't look where she was. To her surprise, she ran to the other end of the city, near a park.

Hermione decided to go to the park, she knew there was a cafe which was open 24/7 and she needed something hot to drink.

"Hi, one hot coffee with milk, please." She told the young man standing behind the counter. He nodded and looked behind her, "And what can I get for you?"

A familiar voice answered, "Black tea with honey, thank you."

She spun around facing a tired-looking Draco with a sleeping Scorpius in his arms. Draco had muggle clothes on and glasses. He looked ridiculous good.

"Malfoy? What are you doing here at what time is it," she looked at the clock on the wall, "half-past three in the morning with your son."
He walked over to a table and sat down, Hermione followed him.

"I could ask you the same, Granger."

The young man walked over and placed their order in front of them. Hermione inhaled the scent and closed her eyes for a moment before opening them again and finding Draco looking at her.

"I had a bad night and needed some air. That's all." It wasn't a lie. "Now your turn"

"Mini-me wouldn't sleep so I went out with him and he finally fell asleep, we were staying up all night." He looked down at his son with those tired eyes. Draco looked lovingly at his son and Hermione knew Scorpius was Draco's world.

Scorpius stirred in his arms and woke, "Not again.." he placed the baby in a sitting position and looked at him, "what do you need buddy?" He then kissed his son who started crying and he positioned him differently, trying to smooth him. "See? He's been like this the whole night."
Hermione's heart suddenly ached, she hated seeing baby cry, and Draco looked so exhausted, "Mind if I take him?" He looked at her with confusion.

He still handed Scorpius over and drank his tea, letting out a long sigh, "let me see what bothers you little one," she softly spoke to the crying baby in her arms and then pulled her wand out. She cast a version of a diagnosis spell. She was glad that the coffee was empty and that the young man who served them was busy in the kitchen. A blue-ish screen appeared in front of them and she scanned it fast. "Has little scorp a tummy ache? Don't worry buddy I have something that might help you." She pulled out her small bag which she charmed so more could fill in what it looked like, and cast an Accio for what she was searching for.

Then she looked over to a confused Draco, "Don't worry it's just a cream which will help him, and yes it's baby-friendly." He only nodded and she continued with her task. She slowly applied the cream on the baby's stomach who seemed to be trusting her. After she applied some of the creams he stopped crying, and Hermione smiled down at the baby in her arms, whose eyes fluttered close and breathing calmed.

"Where did you learn that spell?" Draco quietly asked and looked at his sleeping baby in her arms. "After graduating I went to St. Mungo's for an internship, and that's where I learned this. I can teach you if you want, not here and not now of course." He nodded again. "Thank you, if you didn't help me I would have probably died." She smiled at him, "It's nothing." He smiled back at her. They at there until their drinks were empty and Hermione was tired again.

"I need to go now, I have to work today."

"Of course, thank you again," he took the baby in his embrace and walked out with Hermione. The both of them, including the baby, of course, walked out of the park when Hermione asked him, "Wait, where do you live now? Back in the Uhm-", she couldn't say it, not after the dream.

"Merlin no, I wouldn't do that to my son. No one lives there anymore. I bought us a House near Potter and Pans." She made an acknowledgement sound.

"You still work at the Ministry?" He asked.

"Er, yes, yes still the Ministry, I have to go in that direction, I wish you both a good night."

She turned left and started walking, when, "Hey Granger, when is your lunch break?"

Wow, that caught her off guard, she stopped in her tracks.

"Uhm, 1 p.m to 2 p.m"

"Good." Then he left before she could ask further questions.

Back in her bed, she felt more relaxed and she managed to fall asleep again, dreamless.