5

See chapter end for notes

Chapter five

"... so that Muggleborns and their parents can be prepared for how their life will change from then on. Thank you." She sighed and looked around the courtroom which was filled with lots of high-ranked witches and wizards. She had been talking about her plan for a workshop for over an hour and when she looked around she noticed some bored faces, some tired faces and some interesting faces. Hermione herself was tired and her eyelids were heavy.
Last night was nothing that didn't happen before and she could always deal with it the following day but her run-in with the two Malfoys' did something to her and all she could think of was them. So she was tired, tired because her night was so short, tired because all her thoughts were around two blondes.

"Thank you, Miss Granger, we will discuss further details and then have word with you, you may leave now." The Minister of Magic said and she gathered her things before leaving the room.  After what she had just done, all she wanted was to eat and leave the Ministry earlier. Normally she wouldn't leave the Ministry earlier but that day she was exhausted. Would someone say something if she left after lunch? It would be so un-her but she wanted to relax.

She jumped when she entered her office, "Merlin, you scared me. How did you even get in here?" 

"There's a lovely spell we learned in the first year, now let's go we'll fetch some lunch. And after that, I promised Pansy to hand you over to her and Daphne."

Oh, she had forgotten about her Meeting with Daphne. So no relaxing on her couch for her.. great.

But before she could even respond to anything, Draco stood in front of her and turned her by her shoulders and then pushed her - lightly - out of her office.

"Lunch? And where is Scorpius?" She had so many questions now, all of those questions made her even more tired.

"Yes lunch, as in you eat something and I eat something. Scorpius is at Pansy. Now do tell me is that really what you wear when you come to work?" He was walking beside her.

"You sound like Pansy, what is wrong with my jeans? They're comfy. I don't like robes. And why are you going to lunch with me?" She still didn't understand why Draco Malfoy was taking her to lunch. And what she said about her not liking robes - it was true, she didn't like how they made her look, they made her look like she wanted to prove that she was a witch. And her jeans were perfectly fine.

"There's nothing wrong with them... it's just, they attract quite some attention." That's what made her look at him, her brows furrowed, confusion written on her face.

"Didn't you notice? Every wizard we passed since we left your office was looking back at you, or more at your legs."

She didn't notice, of course, she didn't. She never paid attention to something like that.

"Thank you Malfoy, now I will come to work in a potato bag." She snapped and walked out of the Ministry with him on her heels.

They choose to eat in a small little muggle restaurant which served almost everything from sandwiches to steak. And when he sat down and started scanning the menu she looked at him fully for the first time. His eyes looked tired but more rested than the last time she had seen him, he had a black coat on and black trousers with a white shirt. So casual but still handsome.  He must have caught her looking at him because when her eyes drifted to his, he smirked at her. She wanted to run out of the restaurant and drown herself. What was he doing with her? He - her school bully, nephew to the woman who tortured her on his floor. But also he - he who threw his wand to Harry at the very battle, he whose mother lied to Voldemort and saved all of them, he who had no choices, he who had been just a kid.