04: The Summer Bash Pt.1

The ruckus caused by those harmful and untrue rumors just two days ago, had now calmed down as people spoke about the summer bash and the last day of finals which decided for some if they failed or passed.

I was then again, at my cornered locker, people watching and making sure a whole group of eyes wouldn't dart towards me at the same time. That's when I saw her, gallivanting over. There was no one beside her, and she was heading straight towards me. Lola waved slightly as I shut my locker and kept walking in the opposite direction. Yet I heard her shoes clacking behind me to catch up.

"Hey wait up", she hollered and I stopped in my tracks, hoping that she wasn't pretending like nothing had happened.

She caught up to me and we continued walking as she began speaking, about her day and her chemistry exam that was the hardest thing she'd ever done. She spoke as if just 2 days ago, she didn't cause a whole scene over a false rumor, and yesterday I knew she was all about image and not being publicly embarrassed, but I wanted to help.

I didn't say a word as we reached the one class we did have together. As we waited in line to be given our tests, and she spoke on and on, not even noticing how I could care less.

"Listen about the past couple of days, we can't end our friendship over this, I mean we all make mistakes but I would never forgive myself if I ended our friendship over your little fling, okay?",the words coming out of her mouth were bizarre. She believed the whole thing, and as if I had something to apologize to her. I didn't even know we still had a friendship going, she hadn't spoken to me in months, expect for when she needed someone, or wanted someone to listen to her. Our friendship had already ended, ever since she ignored me when I broke up with Zeke.

I nodded my head in a sense that it would just be easier to let her win today. Besides maybe it wouldn't be bad to have a friend, even if she wasn't a real friend, more concerned with appearances, image, and public affairs, which made me curious why the sudden interest. I knew she wanted something. It was obvious.

The teacher handed me the paper, and I took my seat in the far corner facing the window to the garden. The teacher went in to directions as I just imagined a life back at my old school, I was confident and not so naive. I treated my old school, since I moved around so much as if I would never be there the next day. I said the things I wanted to, I did the things I wanted to, I wasn't held down by rules and fake friends.

Now I knew I was held down by fake friends as Lola stood by me as we walked to my locker. Going on and on about the summer bash, "the party that marks your group", came out of her mouth quite often.

"Dallas invited you right?", she asked as we reached my locker, she had immediate plans for these things, she knew I could just say yes and she would finally leave me alone.

Was I tempted? Yes.

Was I cruel? Yes, a hundred times yes.

"You have it, right? I can't believe you got invited, do you know what this means for our group?", she implied, but I couldn't answer her, the muteness cast over me shocked almost.

"Listen I'm all for testing boundaries but with Dallas it's all or nothing and he always goes for all, you may think you're falling in love with him, but trust me everyone feels that way",she warned me of the worst to come. And that was me dating Dallas, he was simply untouchable and I was dramatically in love with him. How could she not see this? I hate Dallas Grant, he's obnoxious, rude, and now he won't stop rumors, a simple 'no we didn't sleep together' would suffice.