15: Sense of Fear Pt.2

hi, just a quick thing before u read

any nicknames for Dallas and Melody: just comment them if you can I can't think of any

Dallas was more distant than he could ever be, always racing off to check on his phone. Maybe his long-distance girlfriend had been keeping him busy over the phone.

Now it sounded like I was bored.

How could I be bored? I sat on my chair under an umbrella, looking out at the strong ocean, that was propelling the smell of salt through my hair. My hair had already taken up the smell, by just being here since lunch.

"You should get in the water", Natalie shouted, as they played in the open waves, crashing just below their knees. They were splashing water on each other and being all lovey-dovey, I would be doing Cupid wrong if I went and interrupted them, besides they need as much time with themselves before they have children. I should at least give them that.

I had opted out of the water knowing my book wouldn't appreciate it and besides the swimsuits, I had bought, per Natalie's request showed too much. The only way I would wear it is if it was pitch black, or I was alone. I hated being stared at for my scars, even by people I loved, I didn't want them to wonder how bad it really was.

And besides the lurker, Seth is around here, and I won't give him something to look at, he already is too desperate to get me alone. I was glad that Dallas had seen through it, he had a real eye for these types of things, which is a good thing to have but a bad thing to acquire.

And at first, I had thought that Lucifer had disappeared and had turned into a saint, offering to never leave me alone with Seth, but after Seth let me go, he wouldn't stay for the conversation, he wouldn't talk to me at all. No matter what I said to him this wouldn't change it.

Lucifer had been ignoring me every chance he got, he would just not respond or rush off to check his phone. Every ounce of conversation we had, disappeared from his eyes and now we were what everyone thought we were: just classmates.

I mean serves me right for thinking we were more than that, I had hoped he was, but he would never be more than a classmate in my eyes, friends weren't even an option. He made it clear, as he rushed off to his ringing phone. I now understand how annoying it can be to watch someone be attached to their phone.

"So what's up with you and the guy?" Tyler snaked into the seat next to me, and I sat my book down on the table next to me.

I wouldn't be able to talk to him, I knew that, but it was so tempting to tell someone who wouldn't care.

"He and I... we just know each other through school. He doesn't like me very much", I made clear to Tyler and he nodded his head as if catching on to what I had meant.

"I doubt that", he said, as if he saw something else. Dallas hated me, there were just moments where we were thrown together and maybe we hated each other a little less. That was all it was, he had definitely made that clear. Maybe in those moments, he hated me more. He was such a difficult person to read, I couldn't tell if he was mad at me half of the time. His facial expressions most of the time explained nothing of how he felt, just his smirk that sat proudly on his face.

"Just don't say anything to anyone about it, you know how everyone gets", I tried saying, but I now knew this would just alarm him. He nodded his head taking a drink of his soda can.

"I won't", he looked at me earnestly, he was probably the best here at keeping secrets. Everyone else wanted everyone else to know, we were a family. They didn't like keeping secrets from each other, but at this point, it was just a rumor, not necessarily a secret.