Epilogue: London Pt.2

His chestnut hair swished back, his eyes a blaze with passion glistening in the dark lit room just enough that his book shined with delicacy and warmth. The light was on him, and everyone else was covered by this consuming shadow, but as I raised my hand. I felt like he and I were the only ones left in the room.

He called on me, his hands daunting over my hand and he looked for a face, but the shadow didn't help that casted over the room.

"The last book you wrote, you compared love to a never ending navy blue sky, what does it mean to you?" I asked, as he absorbed the question. He still couldn't see my face, as he began to formulate his answer. A twitch in his face went off and his smile grew.

"Love against all odds, love leads you to other stars, the sky holds the galaxies. We as humans are a part of the universe, that's why we wish for the stars, that's why we can love someone as far as the universe and the never ending navy blue sky. Before you became my girlfriend, I had you read the first one and you loved that line". He said, as I stepped forward and he walked towards me, his eyes dazzled and my worries succumbed. That moment held my head high, held my hand, held my heart. We were infinite. We were us.

"And I hadn't told you that I had written it and you told me it was your favorite book, and just because you said it, Mel. I fell in love with you at that moment, and I loved you then and there and ever since". He said, as his hands braced my body, and his lips met mine, kissing me like we weren't sure when the earth would swallow us whole, all we knew is that we were infinite made for the stars, him and I.

"I love you". He whispered, as we broke apart. His hands wrapped around me as I whispered it back. I missed him, tragically. And here he was now, and everything was just like before, but the distance made the heart grow fonder and my love for him was maybe as fond as can be. I had missed everything about him, his scent, his hair, his words, his smile, every part of him was intoxicating that I couldn't miss it, I didn't want to.

"I think that's it for today, if anyone has um... any questions Clara will be over there to help you, thank you all". He said, his hands dancing in my palms, but his eyes unable to look away from me.

Everyone began piling out of the doors, leaving us to be in the middle of the room. "Hi". He said, his hands dancing around my arms, moving up to my elbows. "Hi". I said, still out of breath, forever breathless as I stood here, staring at his piercing eyes, gazing into my soul like I was a shining star.

"How'd you know it was me?" I asked him, his smile grew quickly, and his gaze softened. He looked at me like I was the only one in the room, the only one that could see his heart beating erratically, the only one that could feel it. My heart strummed along his, the same feeling wallowing within me. 

"Your question". He kissed my cheek again. His finger danced along my jaw, moving up and down my neck in a pattern I could only love. " And your voice". He said, peppering more kisses on my cheek.

"MELODY". A shout and a pair of hands hugged my waist, as I turned around to greet the other person I had missed so much. Her smile grew, and mine replicated her as I looked at her. Her same chestnut hair crowded her back and even though it had been a month since I had seen her, she looked different. Happier, even. I think she mostly needed this vacation, to celebrate, to fall in love with life and the thought of staying. It makes my heart burn knowing at such a young age she was okay with death.  I reached down, picking her up, my arms grasping her in mine and her body curled up against mine.

"I missed you, VI". I said, hugging her softly. As she wrapped her arms around me, afraid to let go. "I missed you too".

Pete and Clara appeared next hugging me, as Davina and Liam came out hugging Dallas. "I can't believe you all came". Dallas said, especially happy that his best friend was here.