Epilogue: Home

A couple months later

Dallas and I, in the middle of moving from apartment to apartment and traveling our hearts out. We had a break at home for a week, before we continued back on our traveling adventure. We had gone to Rome, Italy, France, Spain, Greece, Brazil and next we would be off to the Bahamas and Africa.

But we wanted to host our family and friends for a dinner party since we hadn't had them over. The apartment was definitely larger than we expected, it felt more like a house on a high rise tower. But it was perfectly ours, surrounded by a city we loved.

The apartment was across from Nolan's old bachelor pad. And when he first came over, he peered in wondering who could be living there now. Except he could know at any time considering he owned the building.

Nolan had offered his bachelor pad for us to live in, but we refused knowing that was where Nolan lived his bachelor life. And besides he said the furniture did not resemble a home whatsoever.

Dallas had asked Caroline for help with event planning. We had hosted dinners before with our huge family, but I think for Dallas it was a bigger deal because it was our first time in our new home. I wasn't sure why it meant so much to him. Maybe he just wanted to see everyone at the same time in one room, which was very hard to do.

Caroline was the first family we saw when we flew in. She insisted on picking us up from the jet too.

I walked in the front door, not expecting a large table with a large array of chairs scattered, but the table felt like a dream. It was a white tablecloth with an array of flowers through the table detail, and candles drawing in the light.

"It's beautiful". I said, looking at the two party planners in the vicinity. "Really Dallas did most of it". Caroline said, as I had a feeling that he would know exactly what I would've wanted for this dinner.

"Thank you both". I said, hugging Dallas then Caroline.

"Okay well, I should go get ready, see you both later". Caroline said, as I smiled, dazzling my eyes on our new apartment. It felt home. A happy new home, filled with loving memories.

"Do you want to go on a walk?" He asked me, sweeping his hands into mine as I looked back at the table. He was awfully calm.

I smiled, squeezing his hand and changing into a sundress to enjoy the fresh weather that had graced us this morning.

"You did a great job for the dinner". I told him and he leaned down kissing my forehead. "Anything I can do to make you happy". He said.

"You're being very cute today". I said, suspiciously as we reached the ground level of the apartment. And weirdly today in Seattle the sun was shining. Which for a city that rained the majority of the time, surprised the whole city.

"I can't help it". He squirmed, hugging me tightly as we began walking on the streets of Seattle.

"I miss home... I'm glad we came back when we did". I told him, comforting his touch. He smiled, holding his eyes along with a local vendor. Selling just what I needed. Flowers. He looked back at me before guiding us toward the floral vendor.

"They're beautiful". I said, knowing he wanted to buy me one. But I just wanted one, and he saw my eye directing towards the flower I wanted.

"One single rose please". He asked the florist, as he looked as if he was wasting the moment.

"A beautiful girl like her deserves a bouquet". He tried to reason as we both stared at each other, love enhanced in our eyes.

"One rose is enough for me". I said, back. As he began wrapping the rose up and looked at both of our eyes.