34: Boating and Dining Pt.1

The sun was like an abstract indifference as I saw the outline of his body, something about this waking up and seeing him curled up with me, it was comforting.

His messy hair, laid on the pillow as his nose crinkled. His eyes fluttering, but closing quickly. His lips curved slightly as his hand slowly moved, reaching out for me. He had to have been awake at this point as he pulled me against him, slowly moving but just ever so carefully to not suspect it.

The outline of his face, his now widened eyes, moved to mine. He, now clearly awake, pulled me closer to him, turning so our faces aligned, our noses brushing against each other's.

If one of us bumped into each other, this centimeter between us would be gone, and we would've ignited something unstoppable. He felt right, something about the feelings I felt, made me want to stay here all day, lightly brushing my nose against his and staring into his eyes.

"What are you doing to me?" He whispered, so lightly that no bug, no bird could hear. So lightly that even I was second guessing myself if that's what I really had heard, if those were the cursed words he had spoken.

I swallowed. Watching his decadent hand slip against my cheek, moving the wisps of my hair behind my hair.

"Bambi, I... I know I don't say much, but you are the most beautiful person I've ever met, everything about you, your soul, your being, your eyes." He spoke as if he had been brushing against the words for a while, pondering when to say them, how even. But here he was professing his confession as my insides gleamed.

He was right, he was confusing, heart wrenchingly confusing, but here he was saying words he wasn't comfortable saying to someone who he didn't mean them to. He was relaxed now, completely comfortable in saying them on a Wednesday, where the world was welcoming and trying to decipher if in all of the words he had said he loved me, like I him or even liked me.

"I...-", I began saying as the doorbell rang, freeing us from the state of mind we had both succumbed to. Freeing us from something we didn't want to be freed from, I wanted to ask him, I wanted to tell him about the feelings I necessarily didn't have words for.

Dallas sprung up off the bed, looking at me with an apologetic smile.

He went to the door, as I rolled off the bed smelling his side of the bed, his pillow. It smelt just like him, it was a suffocating smell, it made everything seem so real, he was here and I loved him, loved him too much to be afraid that if I said something I would lose him.

The murmur from the door made me want to check who it was. It was soft, quiet and hushed conversation, purposefully said in that tone so no one could hear.

I peeked into the corner, looking through the door crack and there Liam was, no surprise. They both whispered hushed, in a laughing matter at times, but before they could see me, I crept back into bed.

Walking over to the bathroom, I saw his things on the other sink. Something I hadn't noticed yesterday but here they were, it seemed as if all our sleepovers had led up to this, as if everything we had done led us here. We were living together for a whole week.

"Mel", I heard a knock on the door along with Dallas's calming voice, this time louder than the tone we had spoken with in the morning.

I opened the door, as he looked at me all bundled up in a robe, I still was so confused, I pondered his words. I wanted to say how much he meant to me, how much he really means to me, but how would I bring it up.

"You look like a pink bunny", he commented on my robe which draped down to my feet.

"Natalie got it for me... don't laugh", I said, as I showed him the bunny tail and even my name engraved into the back of the robe.