28: Detention

pls vote and comment
I went to school that next day, after everything I went to school, facing the crude reality I had placed myself in. The word 'mess' didn't even cover what I had placed myself in. I hadn't been at school since, well I can't remember it's been long enough. I told Zeke exactly what I needed to say, he couldn't come near me now.

So I walked into the school with the sheer reminder that nobody would be able to tell what my bare face looked like, as I had powdered on concealer and foundation that made my face all one color, and not a single scar shined through the heavy makeup.

"So where have you been?" Davina asked, as she wadded up the paper in her hand and chucked it at random kids who sat in the front row, they didn't mind at least they didn't show it.

"Just sick, nothing special", I told her and she scoffed.

"I thought you were skipping out on class, because of that whole thing, come on that guy is a coward, the whole school knows you don't like him, they are idiots if they can't see that", she said, in a mouthful as I finally realized my face told my story. He knew my story, why couldn't he read it the way it was told. That I wanted to be far away from, I shouldn't even have had to have said anything but when I did, I was told I was afraid to admit my feelings for him, the only thing I was afraid of was him.

I wasn't sure what to say, but someone other than Dallas who could read me like a book, but someone else had known exactly how I had felt.

"I must say Dallas, I think he likes you", she said, eyeing my face, looking for the clues.

"I like him, too much, we have so much in common, he understands me", I told her in a mouthful myself, I hadn't even told anyone about this, only Vi. But here I was spewing my soul to Davina.

"You two would be cute together, but his friends are complete assholes", she said, swearing them off and I waited to hear the rest of the story.

"You know Liam?" She asked, and I nodded my head, remembering his meaningful party that led to an angered night in the cabin, and then when he had come over yesterday to chat to Dallas.

"He's an asshole, he gets in so much trouble at school, and so he cozied up to me so my uncle would let him pass. And my uncle did, and then I found out, and I ended it, he fucking tried to explain himself how fucked does that sound, like what did he want?" She asked, explaining her story and I listened carefully, wanting to ask Dallas about how Liam had done this, and I hoped he hadn't supported this evil thing his friend was doing.

We spent the rest of the class as she filled me in on every person that went to this school, including all of Dallas's flings. And to my surprise even Zeke's and he supposedly had them. I didn't need to know any of their flings, Dallas for obvious reasons. But Zeke it just became apparent how quickly everyone that wanted to date him had been shut out, and he had latched onto me, maybe he knew I was easier to manipulate. Maybe he had picked up that the type of pain he had inflicted against me was something I experienced on a weekly to monthly basis.

I said bye to Davina and wandered out of the classroom, wondering what had made me his perfect target? What had made him decide on me, he had been with most of the girls here? Yet I was the one he poorly chose.

The day went on, and I was nearing the end of the period. But just before the lunch bell rang, a pass in decadent blues and whites had been delivered to my teacher, and surprise surprise it had my lucky name on it. The bell rang and I walked to the Principal's office, keeping an eye on the time of lunch, letting the time tick away. I knew I couldn't face Zeke after last night, unless he stayed far away from me and took my threat to heart following it to the T.