57: Fears for Miracles

My stomach stormed aloud, my heart too as I looked down at Dallas from my bedroom window, there he stood with a bag of food and my work for the week. I had enjoyed the company of my personal mail boy more than I should've. I slid down my ladder out of the window as he smiled.

"I missed you". He said, pushing his hands around me as I looked over at him and he smiled, he moved his head to the side as I pulled myself against him. My lips locked with his as I breathed in his husky scent, the way the words rolled off his tongue.

"I missed you too." I said, kicking off the other bag he had brought. He moved it to the side as I heard the thud of my favorite thing, of my absolute favorite thing. He saw my curious look as he opened the bag wider and he moved the bag to the side and I saw books more and more books as I toppled over him, hugging him with everything I had in me.

"Thank you for keeping me from losing my mind". I said, watching as he looked at me with a proud smile, kissing streams down my cheeks. "There's just something about you"... he trailed on, his words becoming more addictive as I listened.

"That something huh?" I asked, laughing as he jumped onto my bed. I doubt Natalie could hear the commotion caused by the sound of his body crashing against my bed. I hoped she couldn't. I didn't want to be a part of the small talk chat today, I was just glad Nolan was out for the day.

"You mind getting me Arden and Arabella?" He asked. He had played with the babies one day for hours waiting for me to return, and I found it in the cutest way, when he batted his eyelashes and asked, like I had the ability to even refuse him. I swear at this point I was unsure if he came to see me or the twins.

He and Nolan had bonded over the twins, finding that they could repair their tinged patch over and over again if they focused on the twins and it surprisingly worked. Well if he knew Dallas was over now, I think he would still lose his mind.

"Did you come to see them? Or your girlfriend". I taunted him as he looked like he had a tough choice. Although the twins felt like my siblings, they were more so my niece and nephew I lived with. But I was excited to see them grow and become merciless teenagers throughout the years. Arabella seemed like a rebellious woman, when the time was right I would teach her my ways and buy her her very own ladder to her window. Arden was obsessed with Natalie, he definitely would do most anything to please her.

"Is there a right answer to this?" He asked, and he tumbled towards me, with his arms wide open.

"I guess you can have second best, the twins are out with Nolan, he's been taking them to work with him for some crazy reason". I said, imagining the turmoil of how a typical office day would play out with Arden screaming and Arabella being fussy. I knew it was once every week the twins went in with him, he wanted to train them early on for the reins of his company, he still had the illusion that I would want the company, but I assured him, business would never be my area of expertise. Besides I could see any of the kids running the business, them all doing it even future children to come. Nolan and Natalie wanted many many more children, I figured considering Natalie and I had been so alone our whole lives and Nolan came from a still growing family of three.

"I think I really love second best". He said, pulling me closer to him, mimicking kisses onto my chin and cheek as he mumbled words of love. He was so soppy all the time, his attitude towards me never changed as he huddled me closer looking over at my laptop.

"What have we got here?" He asked, just as the screen almost turned black, but he quickly powered it on and my latest discovery now lightened the page. His eyes fought back the amusement as I hoped he wasn't mad.

"I thought maybe when we go to England, we could take Vi to see that art museum we went to... and we can take her to see their big library...". I said as he watched the words come to life in my eyes. Ever since Vi had said she wanted to go to London, I couldn't think more of it. Rather than we needed to go, we had to go. I wanted to make it a reality for her to go back there and feel every last feeling she wanted, I wanted to give her her wish.