60: Murderer

"Come help me". I shouted out to Dallas, as Vi chased him around the house, the sight of joy and laughter filling the room as they zoomed past me. My spatula spun out of my hand as I tried to fix us some breakfast. But these two couldn't stay still. We had gotten to England late last night, and we had checked into a hotel, before we made the drive down to Dallas's home I had never seen in England.

Vi reported to duty as I saw Dallas disappear into the other room and she helped me set the table. Just as we had placed the waffles, the fruit and the juice on the table, Dallas came back with a heavy appetite.

"Uh uh- You didn't help". I told him, as I shooed his fork away from the food. And he groaned. He looked at me achingly, letting his head rest on my shoulder. "Please". He begged, looking to the side as I finally let him prick his fork into the food.

"Are you ready to see home?" Dallas asked Vi as she nodded, her mouth full.

"I'm excited to show you too," Dallas told me, leaning to the side as I nodded my head. I had always felt like Dallas's home back in Seattle fit him, the first time I had been there it had looked like they hadn't even moved in yet. I was ready to see a place that was his, his music pasted on the wall, his books lining the shelf. I missed out on all of that.

From what I heard the house was deep into the city, the edge of the city, and it backed up to the beautiful greenery. I knew by the way he wanted to still drive after the flight that he yearned to return home, to be there in the place he loved the most. He described the house like it was his most favorite place he had ever been in, like his world started and stopped at that house, like his best memories were buried in those walls.

"You have to show her the shed". Vi said, almost begging him to, even though we haven't even left the hotel yet. I could tell the same passion Dallas had, ran through Vi's blood as well. She loved the house just the same, I hoped I got to see more of her in the house too, her music posters, array of books, stuffed animals, everything that gave her that funny feeling of nostalgia.

"What shed?" I asked, after the shared laughs that soared through them.

"Well the last time we were there... we found a dead body in the shed". He spoke almost forcing his voice to become eerie and dreadful as I jumped back as he came closer. I listened to his cautious voice as he told the sickened tale.

"A body?" I asked, as they both confirmed I had heard that correctly.

"Our neighbor has a husky and whenever the dog comes over, he races to the shed. We never usually open it, but he grew so much that we-we couldn't pull him away so we opened it and we found a decomposed body on the ground, next to some shovels." Dallas phoned, his lies showing through Vi as she laughed and laughed, but his story ran a trickle down my spine. I believed in everything supernatural, I believed that Daniel, my famed father, haunted me. But one thing I especially hated was murder. The idea that someone had the intent to kill, was blasphemous. I mean I had been raised by a murderous monster my whole life, I guess I could possibly understand the intent to kill, but real harm is where I drew the line.

"You're obviously lying". I pointed out, as Dallas raised an eyebrow and Vi snickered. He may as well have been telling the truth, because I was already afraid.

"You'll believe whatever you will". Dallas said, grabbing our plates and sliding them into the sink as he began to wash them up. I was convinced he was lying, but I already felt the chill rush through my veins.

"There actually wasn't a dead body in the shed right?" I leaned over asking Vi as she nodded her head, her stern look on her face warned me that she may just be telling the truth. I mean it seemed practical, the middle of England in a covered forest, far away guests and an abandoned shed.