Brownie hound

"Are you going to get another detention?! Huh?!  Answer me!!" father screamed at me
"No, sir" I mumbled
"What was that?"
"No, Sir," I said, louder.
"That's what I thought. Now get the hell out of my car, and don't whore around in there."
He shoved me out the door of the car making me fall onto the cement just as Allison Reynolds's car pulled up to the school. John bender almost being hit in the process. I got up and dusted off my hands. Father sped away from the school, probably to a bar.
"You ok?" Allison asks me. She's my best friend and lives down the street from me.
"Yeah, father's being a dick" I reply
"Isn't he always?" she says while we walk up to the school
"Yeah" I sigh.
When I walk into the library, I see Claire Standish, a princess. She got detention for skipping school to go shopping. Bitch. Andrew Clark, he's in here for beating up a kid. Brain Johnson, I don't even know why he's in here. And finally, John bender, I don't even want to know.
Allison makes an effort to avoid everyone, going all the way around the tables to the back of the room, the two popular kids snicker at her, I send them a death glare in response. I just walk down the middle and sit behind Bender, he sends me a wink, I, of course, send one right back.
When Mr. Vernon enters the room, he has a slack of paper in his hand,

"Well... well. Here we are! I want to congratulate you all on being on time-" he's cut off by the princess raising her hand.
"Excuse me, sir?  I think there's been a mistake. I know it's detention, but I don't think I belong here..."
I snicker quietly, only loud enough for Bender to hear. He turns to look at me with a smirk on his face. Mr. Vernon completely ignores her and continues, checking his watch
"It is now seven-oh-six. You have exactly eight hours and fifty-four minutes to think about why you're here. To ponder the error of your ways"
Bender leans back in his chair, and spits straight up, catching it back in his mouth when it falls. I just raised an eyebrow and smirked a little, while the princess looked about ready to throw up.

"And you may not talk. You will not move from these seats." brian moves up from his seat, only to sit right back where he was before.
Vernon looks to Bender,
"you, will not sleep" then to me,
"And you, will not, tattoo yourself," he says pointedly
"Yeah, yeah dickface" I sigh. Still not looking at him, I'm drawing on my paper some ideas for tattoos. Bender quirks an eyebrow at me.
"That's another detention, Miss. Roads"
I just roll my eyes and continue drawing.
"Alright people, we're gonna do something a little different today. We are going to write an essay, of no less than a thousand words. Describing to me who you think you are."
"Is this a test?" bender asks, only to be ignored.
"And when I say essay, I mean essay. I do not mean a thousand words repeated a thousand times is that clear Mr. Bender?"
"Crystal" he mocks.
"Good. maybe you'll learn a little something about yourself. Maybe you'll even decide whether or not you care to return." brian raises his hand then stands from his seat.
"You know, I can answer that right now sir, that'd be a no for me. 'Cause-"
"Sit down johnson"
"Thank you, sir"
"My office is right across that hall. Any monkey business is ill-advised. Any questions?"
"Yeah, I got a question. Does Barry Manilow know that you raided his wardrobe?"
I bite the inside of my cheek to stop myself from laughing.
"I'll give you the answer to that question, Mr. bender, next Saturday. Don't mess with the bull young man, you'll get the horns." Vernon exits the room
"That man... is a brownie hound." I am still drawing on my paper. Bender lets out a low chuckle,
"That he is"

True Happiness is rare (The Breakfast Club- John Bender)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara