Brian's Pressure

Brian is shocked.

"I don't understand what? Do you think I don't understand pressure, Claire? Well, fuck you! Fuck you!" his voice grows thick with emotion as tears fill his eyes. The boy hides his head in his arm to hide his tears.

"Know why I'm here today? Do you?" I cut him off before he can continue.

"Brian, I do know why you're here. You don't have to tell them."

"I'm here because Mr. Ryan found a gun in the locker," he says

"Why'd you have a gun in your locker?" Andrew asks him.

"I tried. You pull the fuckin' trunk on it and the light's s'posed to go on...and it didn't go on, I mean, I..." he sobbed.

"What's the gun for Brian?" Andrew asks him in concern.

"Just forget it."

"You brought it up, man!"

"I can't have an F, I can't have it and I know my parents can't have it! Even if I aced the rest of the semester, I'm still only a B. And everything's ruined for me!"

"Oh, Brian..." claire says, pity lacing her tone delicately, Brian bashes a chair over.

" So I considered my options, you know?"

"No! Killing yourself is not an option!"

"Try telling that to someone who seriously wants to kill themself, it's like a hole that sometimes gets too deep and there's only one way out of it," I tell her.

"Well I didn't do it, did I? No, I don't think so!"

"It was a handgun?" Allison asks the boy.

"No, it was a flare gun, went off in my locker."

"Really?" Andrew asks, and starts to chuckle

"It's not funny..." the brain says, Andrew stops. For a moment, then bursts out laughing again. We all start to laugh, including Brian.

"Yes, it is...fuckin' elephant was destroyed!" Brian wheezes

"You wanna know what I did to get in here? Nothing...I didn't have anything better to do, and i wanted to hang with cherry." Allison admits. Everyone laughs.

"You're laughing at me!" she says.

" No!" Andrew denies with a laugh. Allison starts to laugh too.

"Yeah, you are!" she says.

Later.

Brian is putting a record on and then 'we are not alone' by Karla DeVito starts to play loudly through the speakers. We all start dancing on the tables and rails, bender even gets up onto the statue and starts headbanging to the song. But, eventually, John has to go back through the vents into the closet.

Andrew, Allison, Claire, Brian, and I are sitting, in that order on the railing.

"Brian?" claire asks sweetly,

"Yeah?"

"Are you gonna write your paper?" she asks.

"Yeah, why?"

"Well, it's kinda a waste for all of us to write our paper, don't you think?" sure, but that doesn't mean that you should just make the smart kid do it...

"Oh, but that's what Vernon wants us to do..."

"True, but I think we'd all kinda say the same thing."

"You just don't want to write your paper...Right?" asks Brian.

"True, but, you're the smartest, right?" Brian blushes,

"Oh, well..."

"We trust you." Brian glances over at Allison, Andrew, and I who nod in approval. Though, I feel kinda bad for making him do it.

"Yeah," Andrew says

"All right, I'll do it."

"Great." says claire. The redhead looks at Allison who looks back.

"Come on..." she says.

"Where're we going?" asks Allison

"Come on!" while they're doing their thing I walk out of the library, and into the hallways until i find a certain janitor's closet. When I get to it and open the door, Bender is sitting down looking bored.

" You lost?" he asks.

"No, actually. I think I'm just where I'm meant to be," Bender smiles at me.

" you need to be In a storage closet?"

"Nope, I just need to be with you." I was and he stands up and pulls me by the waist so im pressed flush against him, our lips millimeters apart before I lean in and connect them softly, he responds immediately by kissing back, harder though. When we pull apart, he looks at me and smiles, taking my hand as we walk out of the closet and into the hall where the others are exiting the library. We are all walking down the hall when we spot uncle carl, i wave at him and he waves back.

"See ya, Cherry, Brian." he says

"Hey, Carl." brian responds

"See you next Saturday!" bender says to him, waving.

"You bet!"