I wanna be an airborne ranger.

"Hey," I say.

"Why?" he asks.

"Why what?"

"Why do you care so much?"

"Look at my tattoos bender." when he does, his eyes widen. Each of my tattoos is covering a scar of some sort. Some self-inflicted. Others not.

"This is why I care. Because people have scars. Whether it is one like yours or mine or it could be mental. But things happen that we just have to get through. When I'm 18 I'm moving straight outta my house. Then my old man and his friends can't get to me anymore and I can go wherever id like." I say.

"Can I go with you, baby?" he asks tracing over a tattoo on my thigh. I put a finger under his chin and tilt his head towards mine.

"Where do you have in mind, pretty boy?" I whisper.

"Anywhere with you." and he leans in, connecting our lips softly. I melt into the kiss and wrap my arms around his neck, kissing him back. His hands grip onto my waist as the kiss gets more intense

"Are you opposed to smoking pot?" he asks me in-between soft kisses on my neck.

"Not at all." I sigh.

"C'mon." He stands and holds out his hand for me to hold.

Bender comes out of the library doors followed by everyone else. Bender and I are walking next to each other, hand in hand. Then claire is behind us, Brian and Andrew are walking next to each other and at the end of the line, Allison is following.

" How do you know where Vernon went?"

"I don't," says Bender.

"Well then, how do you know when he'll be back?" She grows more and more concerned.

"We don't...being bad feels pretty good, huh?" I say, turning my head to her. I hear the boys, besides bender, talking behind us before we reach benders locker.

"Slob!" Andrew says after a gullatuine falls and cuts the top off of a shoe.

"My maid's on vacation." Benders sighs, and I snicker. Bender pulls out a bag, and there are multiple paper bags within. But eventually he pulls out a bag of marajuana.

"Drugs." brian looks petrified.

"Screw that Bender...put it back!" andrew commanded. Bender walks away, dragging me along. ignoring andrew, we kept walking.

"Drugs...the boy had marijuana." brian is still gobsmacked. Claire walks after Bender and I.

"We'll cross through the lab, and then we'll double back." Bender says.

"You better be right, if Vernon cuts us off it's your fault, asshole!" andrew warns.we keep running through the halls around the scool and running into vernon, running away just in time or him not to see us.

"Wait! Wait, hold it! Hold it! We have to go through the cafeteria!" i say, John nods nods.

" No, the activities hall." andrew fights against us.

" Hey man, you don't know what you're talking about!" Bender defends.

"No, you don't know what you're talking about!" andrew yells. Allison squeaks, nervous that vernon mill find us.

"Now we're through listening to you, we're going this way." he says. They all go Andrew's way and run into a hall closed by an iron gate.

"Shit!" Andrew says.

"Great idea Jagoff!" I yell at him.

"Fuck you!" he yells back at me, bender moves to stand in front of me, but i slap andrew across the face before he could. Hard. very hard. Claire gasps.

"That was hot" bender mumbles, looking at andrew who was holding his cheek still.

" Fuck you! Why didn't you listen to Cherry?!"

" We're dead!" brian wimpers.

"No, just me!" Bender says.

"What do you mean?"

"Get back to the library, keep your unit on this!" Bender stuffs his bag of marijuana into Brian's underwear. He turns and runs down the hall, singing

"I wanna be an airborne ranger..."

The rest of us run back to the library, not running into vernon once.