Butterflies

Claire laughs. " sounds like you" She says, snide.

"Look, you guys keep up your talking and Vernon's gonna come right in here...I got a meet this Saturday and I'm not gonna miss it on account of you boneheads." Andrew tries to shut us up but it doesn't work when bender replied with

" oh and wouldn't that be a bite" he moans in fake agony.

"Missing a whole wrestling meet!"

"Well you wouldn't know anything about it, faggot! You've never competed in your whole life!" Andrew quickly retorts.

"Oh, we know. I feel all torn up and empty inside about it, too. We have such a deep admiration for guys who roll around on the floor with other guys!"

"Ah, you'd never miss it. You don't have any goals."

" oh but we do! I'm not sure what cherry wants, but I, I want to be just- like- you!" I snicker at his words.

"I do too have goals. I wanna be a tattoo artist. And all he'd need to be like you is a lobotomy and some tights." I say.

" you wear tights?" Brian tried to cover his laughter, but failed.

"No, I don't wear tights, I wear tights. I wear the required uniform"

"Tights." Brian and I say together, and Andrew gets defensive over it.

"Shut up!" he yells, mostly at Brian, but me too.

I hear mr Vernon coming down the hall so u get off of the rail and sit in the seat right next to Brian. He shifts uncomfortably, and a bit scared. Bender had also hopped off of the railing and sat himself in between the populars, and folds his hands on the table in what I would call a 'preppy' manner. Once Vernon passed he gets up again and heads towards the door and starts to take a screw out of the stopper.

"You know there's not supposed to be any monkey business." He tries to warn but I just turn to him and say,

"Young man have you finished your paper?" In a very accurate Vernon impression.        He cringes and looks down at the table. The door slams closed, bender walks back to his desk and tossed me the screw. I put it in my bra. From besides me I hear Brian cough uncomfortably, looking anywhere but me of my chest.

"What're you gonna do?" Clare asks snobbishly.

"Drop dead, I hope. That's very funny, come on. Fix it !"replies the athlete.

"You should really fix that." Brian sheepishly says.

"Am I a genius?"

"No, you're an asshole!"

"What a funny guy!"

"Fix the door bender!"

"Everyone just shhh!" I yell trying to get them to calm down before mr Vernon could hear.

"Ive been here before , I know what I'm doing!"

"No! Fix the door, get up there and fix it!" The yearling continued.

"Shut up!" I yell. But I year vermin in the hallway,

"God damnit!!" Ye yells and slams the door wide open. "Why is that door closed?" A few moments pass and no one responds to him. "Why is that door closed?" He angrily asks again.

"How're we supposed to know? We're not supposed to move right?" Bender asks, trying to sound as innocent as possible.

"Why?" He asks again his anger rising.

"We were just sitting here, like we were supposed to." I say to back him up a little. This turns Vernon's attention to me instead.

" who closed that door?!"

"I think a screw fell out of it" bender says. Thankfully, turning the glares away from me that seemed a little more creepy than just anger.

"It just closed, sir" Andrew says. He and bender had also noticed the stares he was giving was less than innocent. I may not like the guy but I'd have to thank him for that. Vernon looks to Allison in the back of the classroom.

"Who?"

My friend lets out a squeak and slams her face down on the table, covering her fave in her large puffer jackets hood.

"She doesn't talk to anyone but me, sir."

"Give me that screw." Vernon says to Bender.

"I don't have it."

"You want me to yank you outta that seat and shake it out of you?" He threatens.

"I don't have it, screws fall out all of the time, the world is an imperfect place..."

"Excuse me sir, why would anyone want to steal a screw?" Surprisingly, it was Claire that stood in this time.

"Watch it, young lady." I inwardly old in a laugh. He's just upset because Clare is right and he's wrong and doesn't want anyone to question his.. "authority".  When he goes over to the door and starts to put a chair in its way to prop it open, is when the laugh comes out of my mouth and I return a sharp glare in return.

"The doors way to heavy sir." John reminds.

The door slams shut shut despite the chair.
"Go damnit!!" The principal yelled from outside of the classroom, and everyone snickers quietly. Vernon opens the door and stops in. He points to Andrew,

"Andrew Clark, get up here. Come on, front and center. Let's go." The boy gets up and walks over to Vernon.

"Hey. How come Andrew gets to get up? If he gets up, well all get up it'll be anarchy!" I yell as vermin and Andrew are attempting to move the magazine stand on front of the door.
"Okay, now. Watch the magazines!"

"It's out of my hands.." bender sighs holding up his hands. The magazine stand blocks the entire doorway once they get it in place.

"That's very clever sir, but what if there's a fire?"
Bender asks and I continue his thoughts.

" I think violating the fire codes and endangering the lives of children would be unwise at this junction of your carreer sir." He takes this into consideration, decides its valid and turns to Andrew.

"Alright, what are you doing with this? Get this outta here for gods sake! What's the matter with you? Come on!" He turns the blame to Andrew. He's a narcissist, in his mind he can never be wrong. Nothing is his fault and the world revolves around him. It's the same with my mother. She's verbal and my dad Is physically abusive.

"You know the school is equipped with fire exits and each end of the library." Brian mumbles to me and points to to them.

"Show dick some respect." I say back. Andrew sits down again and Vernon continues to criticize something that was his fault.

"I expected a little more from a varsity letterman." He says.

"It was your fault" I whisper, mostly to myself but he still heard it.

"What was that miss roads? How was Clark's insolence my fault, hmm?"

"Because you asked him to put the magazine stand in front of the door like an idiot."

"Saturday detention for a month. Miss roads, for questioning my authority."

"What authority?" I ask.

"Two months. That authority." He says. I should probably stop, mother and father wont be to happy about the fact thati got two months detention. I just look down to the butterfly's on my wrists and remind my self, don't kill the butterfly's. He seemed to take my downcast gaze as submission and chuckled darkly before turning to John again, who was looking at me.

Hey guys!! This is a bit longer than my other chapters but I hope you enjoyed it.. and please if you are feeling or thinking of harming yourself or others reach out to anyone you possibly can. You matter to this world in your own unique way. There is no one quite like you and it'd be a shame to lose you. Talk to someone, please!