A Real Bitch

"I would rather kill myself. But it never seemed to work before, so I don't see why it would work then," I say. Allison and bender look at me sympathetically while the others look shocked and confused. Bender pulls me onto his lap and kisses my hair sweetly before moving into my neck slowly and staying there

"Not me...ever." claire says

"It's unavoidable, it just happens." my best friend speaks up.

" What happens?"

"When you grow up, your heart dies." I finish her thought, earning a thankful nod.

"Who cares?" Bender mumbles into my neck. Allison is on the verge of tears as she speaks.

" I care," she says, Andrew looks at her in sympathy.

"Um, I was just thinking, I mean. I know it's kind of a weird time, but I was just wondering, um, what is gonna happen to us on Monday? When we're all together again? I mean I consider you guys my friends, I'm not wrong, am I?" asks the brain.

" No." Andrew sighs.

" So, so on Monday...what happens?"

"Are we still friends, you mean? If we're friends now, that is?" princess speaks.

"Yeah."

"Do you want the truth?"

"Yeah, I want the truth."

"I don't think so..."

"Well, do you mean all of us or just Cher (pronounced chair, lol. Not the singer) and John?"

"With all of you."

"That's a real nice attitude, Claire!" barks the wrestler.

Oh, be honest, Andy...if Brian came walking up to you in the hall on Monday, what would you do? I mean picture this, you're there with all the sports. I know exactly what you'd do, you'd say hi to him, and when he left you'd cut him all up so your friends wouldn't think you really liked him!"

"No way!"

"'Kay, what if I came up to you?"

"Same exact thing!"

"You are a bitch!" Bender yells at her making me jump at how loud he was, he notices and immediately wraps his arms around my wais muttering a quick 'im sorry'

"Why? 'Cause I'm telling the truth, that makes me a bitch?" I decide to help bender out on this one.

"No! 'Cause you know how shitty that is to do to someone! And you don't got the balls to stand up to your friends and tell 'em that you're gonna like who you wanna like!" I say getting angry at her,

"Okay, what about you, you hypocrite! Why don't you take Allison to one of your heavy metal vomit parties? Or take Brian out to the parking lot at lunch to get high? What about Andy for that matter, what about me? And Jhon, What would your friends say if we were walking down the hall together. They'd laugh their asses off and you'd probably tell them you were doing it with me so they'd forgive you for being seen with me!"

"Allison is my best friend, of course, id take her to a party! But sometimes people don't like parties! Allison and I like to do other things together. We take an art class together for fucks sake. And brian, did you like getting high with Bender and me today?" I ask him,

"Uh. y-yeah. I did"

"See! And if I asked you to get high with me in the parking lot, would you?" he nods. " and after today, id hang with Andy, he's my friend now. You bitch. You, you on the other hand i wouldn't even consider based on your attitude on having different kinds of friends."

" and don't you ever talk about my friends! You don't know any of my friends, you don't look at any of my friends and you certainly wouldn't condescend to speak to any of my friends so you just stick to the things you know, shopping, nail polish, your father's BMW and your poor--rich-- drunk mother in the Caribbean!" bender yells at her, furious.

"Shut up!" claire is furiously sobbing

"And as far as being concerned about what's gonna happen when you and I walk down the hallways at school, you can forget it! 'Cause, it's never gonna happen! I have Cherry to walk with! My friends would adore her. Just bury your head in the sand...and wait for your fuckin' prom!"

"I hate you two!"

"Yeah?"

" Good!" we say, one after another. There is silence until Brian speaks.

"Then I assume you, Allison, and I are better people than you guys, huh? Us weirdos..." he asks me. I shrug.

"Do you, would you do that to me?" he asks Allison

"I don't have any friends other than Cherry"

"Well if you did?"

"No...I don't think the kind of friends I'd have would mind."

"I just wanna tell, each of you, that I wouldn't do that...I wouldn't and I will not! 'Cause I think that's really shitty..." the small blonde voices.

"Your friends wouldn't mind because they look up to us..." Brian laughs sarcastically at her.

"You're so conceited, Claire. You're so conceited. You're so, like, full of yourself, why are you like that?" Claire is crying again, typical.

"I'm not saying that to be conceited! I hate it! I hate having to go along with everything my friends say!"

"Well, then why do you do it?" I ask her.

"I don't know, I don't...you don't understand..you don't. You're not friends with the same kind of people that Andy and I are friends with! You know, you just don't understand the pressure that they can put on you!" yells the redhead.