IVY AND THE ASTRAL PROJECTOR

FOUR

𝕚𝕧𝕪 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕒𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕝 𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕛𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕠𝕣

𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚢 𝟷𝟼, 𝟷𝟿𝟾𝟹

𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚢 𝟷𝟼, 𝟷𝟿𝟾𝟹

SHE KNEW SHE was dreaming. A chill crept up her spine as she watched the sky morph from a perfect, cloudless blue to a magical display of undulating hues. Splotches of magenta bled into candy apple red and pastel pinks, while a trio of rainbows arched across the horizon in a radiant crescendo that surpassed even the most beautiful of dreams. One arched over a range of snow-capped mountains in the far distance, another trailing down over a vast expanse of lush rolling hills, and the last spanning the distant cloudless sky as if a bridge between two worlds. Despite such vibrant colours and gentle winds, an eerie darkness filled the air—the sun seemed to have abandoned them.

Ivy had settled into her bed that night with her head tucked between stacks of notes and journals. She had expected another evening of restless sleep with her head digging into her many pages of writings. She had known tonight was going to be unlike the others as she stirred a glass vial of various ingredients—a mix that would allow her to stay conscious during the dream yet to come. She then had that concoction's recipe triple-checked by Bacia while she finished off the meal that Ivy enchanted her kitchen to make.

"I heard you enjoyed dream walkers," a voice said from the distance. It didn't come from any particular direction, instead creating a chamber of sound all around her. Ivy craned her head, her feet digging into the cool grass of the field of flowers, each petal brushing back and forth from the wind. It was a symphony of movement and if she strained her ears, she could hear classical instruments in between the gusts of cool breeze.

Despite nature being all around her, everything was pristine with the absence of pollen. The environs of the lake shone with crystal and pearl with the trees fluttering back and forth in subtle waves. She didn't need further proof. She decided to answer the man she assumed was 'Horus'. "You could have responded via letter."

As a wispy fog rose from the floor, slowly coalescing into the shape of a man. His eyes were an alabaster blue, his hair long g and as black as midnight. He stood tall and strong, unclothed save for a white feathered headdress. As he stepped forward, Ivy couldn't help but admire his beauty and grace. "Hi," Horus said with a warm smile.