IVY AND THE DASTARDLY BELL

SIX

𝕚𝕧𝕪 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕒𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕕𝕝𝕪 𝕓𝕖𝕝𝕝

𝙹𝚊𝚗𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝟷𝟺, 𝟷𝟿𝟾𝟸

BELLATRIX LESTRANGE HAD BEEN surviving on the run. By now, her skin stretched tight over her angular face, her eyes dulled from exhaustion and her sunken cheeks casting a darkness under her lashes. Despairful and powerless, she felt consumed by a fierce rage that kept spewing forth from her chest like an unending wildfire. After he-

The pain of the thought, the very idea of it, spread throughout her chest until she was forced to let out a scream just to make it subside. She saw some of the Death Eaters flinch back at the twisted sound, and she wanted nothing more than to blow the entire place to ashes. They were on the run, being hunted by worthless mudbloods and blood traitors who didn't understand a thing about the vision of the Dark Lord.

Bellatrix lifted her eyes over to the Death Eaters' left, most having scattered after—Bellatrix swallowed thickly at the thought—after he disappeared. She refused to believe he was dead. She knew that he was incapable of dying. The mudbloods and the blood traitors—everyone had no idea what the Dark Lord was able to achieve, but Bellatrix knew. She knew the moment she saw him. She knew the moment he promised her a better world and showed her that he could do it.

The remaining Death Eaters stood adrift in a sea of uncertainty, their once-potent allegiance now a fractured and disjointed assembly. The echoes of the battlefield's chaos had subsided, leaving them in a state of disarray, their purpose muddled by the lingering aftermath of the conflict.

Yet, the war wasn't over.

Amidst the palpable air of uncertainty, it was Amycus Carrow who dared to break the uneasy silence. His voice sliced through the tense atmosphere, resonating with a curious blend of trepidation and another emotion that Bellatrix wasn't interested in deciphering. "We have word of the Potter boy's location. Who should we send?"

Bellatrix examined the motley crew of Death Eaters with disdain, creating a cloudy film over her eyes. The prospect of pursuing an infant seemed to ignite a fervour within the assembly, each member seemingly primed for the task at hand. The ease of ending a child's life was a chilling notion that seemed to resonate among them, but Bellatrix knew better.

Yet, the presence of an unspoken truth hovered in the air, an unvoiced reservation that tethered Bellatrix's thoughts. She was acutely aware of the child's guardian, a formidable figure who had long been a thorn in their side. While Bellatrix's mind recoiled at the notion of conceding any measure of esteem for a 'mudblood,' she wisely refrained from articulating her scepticism aloud. To divulge her reservations would be to cast a pall over her compatriots' judgments, and that was a risk she was not willing to take.