IVY AND THE MANGY MUTT

EIGHT

𝕚𝕧𝕪 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕞𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕪 𝕞𝕦𝕥𝕥

      GINGERLY, BACIA POSITIONED a plump pillow beneath Ivy's tousled head, taking care not to disturb the intricate anti-travelling symbol she had meticulously inscribed on the back of Ivy's delicate hand

      GINGERLY, BACIA POSITIONED a plump pillow beneath Ivy's tousled head, taking care not to disturb the intricate anti-travelling symbol she had meticulously inscribed on the back of Ivy's delicate hand. It was something Anodiwa had actually charged her for. Unbelievable. For the secrets of a solitary rune capable of safeguarding Ivy's astral existence, Bacia was thrust into the quest for an absurdly elusive medicinal plant, the name of which even her own tongue stumbled upon. Ausadhirdipyamanas—Anodiwa uttered it as if it were a mere breath of air.

      The pursuit of this elusive flora left Bacia utterly disoriented. Thus, when Ivy roused her from her slumber, Bacia braced herself for an animated masterclass. Ivy possessed an uncanny knack for locating the unlocatable, a skill that Bacia considered nothing short of Ivy's personal sixth sense. Meanwhile, a tranquil haven in the corner of the room cradled Horus, who slowly peeled open his eyes, emerging from the cocoon of his meditation cushion. He unfurled his arms with a delicious twinge in his spine, embracing the pleasurable aftermath of his tranquil reflection. An indulgent grin played on his lips as he quipped, "Seems like she's quite snugly ensnared, if only for a brief sojourn."

      Her delicate fingers cradled a cup of tea, the steam curling upwards like tendrils of wispy smoke. Curiosity tugged at Bacia's voice, as she inquired with meticulous enunciation, "How exactly is she in there?"

      Horus retorted with a bemused snort, "I thought I'd made it abundantly clear—snug as a bug with granny's little rune. Your concern would be better spent in the hunt for that elusive plant. You are seriously the worst haggler."

      Bacia's nose crinkled in vexation, and she retorted, "You could have helped."

      Horus leaned back, his hands theatrically displayed as though showcasing imaginary blisters and callouses. "Haven't I done enough? I had to shovel dirt with my bare hands," he jestingly lamented, though his skin bore no trace of the hardship he spoke of, remaining smooth and unblemished.